2023 World Qualification Status and Named Teams

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

I could see that being a rule the FIG would implement, but I haven’t seen anyone say where it actually is.

Panama definitely can’t have a team score counted even though they will now have three scores on each apparatus. But the only rule I can see that relates to Heron’s situation is:

“Only gymnasts who perform on all the apparatus are eligible to qualify for the All-Around Final. This includes the men’s and women’s Apparatus gymnasts who may have qualified for all 6 apparatus for men and all 4 apparatus for women.” (From section 5.1.2 in the regulations for Artistic Gymnastics)

There might be something people are seeing in the Paris qualification rules, which do throw around the phrase “All-Around athletes” a lot, but the way I would read it anyone ranked in the AA qualification standings can qualify.

Last edited:
SUBD6~AUS Miella Brown, Georgia Godwin, Kate McDonald, Ruby Pass, Breanna Scott, Emily Whitehead (fifth spot and alternate tbd between Brown and Whitehead; non-traveling alternate: Macy Pegoli)
Miella hurt her knee at the last World Cup so the last spot is Emily’s

I could see that being a rule the FIG would implement, but I haven’t seen anyone say where it actually is.
Maybe Lauren will end up giving an explanation why Heron can’t count in the AA.

The only way I see it was due to the 2 per NOC AA qualifiers.

But who knows.

Whar option to pin post?! 😎

(okay, just going to open the links now and pin them in my browser so I don’t lose them)

Belgium’s odds of a +1 spot are better with Kovacs out. Her and Derwael could both use the +1 spot if they manage to get healthy enough before Paris. Hungary vs Belgium will be a bittersweet consolation for Kovacs injury :confused:

I agree with that, i was wanting to pin the individual post with the links, not the thread. But i also know that more links will be posted as the event starts so i needn’t worry about these getting buried.

(It would be cool if you could pin a post in a long thread and basically create a bookmark spot in the linear scroll on the side. Kinda how my kindle does. But it isn’t essential to life. 😉 )

I found an option to bookmark it to remind me on Oct 1. I will see if that works and then proceed accordingly, but fingers crossed.

Definitely.

The European bubble teams in particular are seem to be dropping like flies recently. In Tokyo 8 of the top 12 from from Europe and it was 7 in Rio. We could see the lowest number for a while in 2024.

I’m not going to cry unhappy tears if Mexico gets a team in the Olympics… wish the Philippines had managed to get a team worlds qualified. It would be interesting to see where they placed with all these untimely injuries happening.

Between Shilese, Skye, Kayla, Leanne, and now Anya, Florida really has a lot of people at Worlds. I wonder how coaching works for Anya. Wouldn’t both of her coach options be registered with the US for Kayla and Leanne respectively?

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back