Gymnasts' career intentions post-Paris

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

At risk of taking this thread to very un-gymnastic places... Cars are, on average, much bigger in the US than the UK, yet in 2022 the US had 12.8 road deaths per 100,000 people while the UK had 2.6.
That’s because the UK driving test is one of the hardest in the world (and you cannot buy a pass) and driving standards are extremely high. It’s the only place in the world I’ve driven where people thank you for thanking them for letting you out.
There are plenty of larger vehicles in the UK, and they are becoming increasingly popular. They are just driven by better drivers. People in the UK think absolutely nothing of parallel parking a manual (stick) car, on a hill, on a narrow street with cars parked on both sides.

I'm 4'9" and drive a Honda Civic.
I feel your pain. I am 5'2" and I will not say what kind of car I drive (for fear of backlash :cool: ) but I will say my car is small and I can not see around these gigantic SUVs. It does not matter how good or how careful the driver is -- I can not see around them

It’s the only place in the world I’ve driven where people thank you for thanking them for letting you out.
So this morning I stopped at a narrow spot to let someone through and did the "thank you for saying thank you" wave but was too keen so did it before they did the "thank you" wave and now I can never drive down that road ever again just in case.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back