Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (New goal: LA 2028)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

There's a NT/Selection camp for the later spring events (Jesolo, Pac Rims, etc), so Gabby could be invited to attend that and potentially get selected for international assignments form there.

If Gabby has Covid, what are the chances the rest of Valeri's gymnasts do, too? And training has already started, so how many others have been exposed? Eeeeek.
Yikes, true... and it makes you wonder how many people even thought about that

I hope this doesn’t mean she’s done. I’ve always liked her.

She is exhausting, though.

Weird. I'm not going to make assumptions either way on this one until there is more information. Unfortunately, I don't think switching training facilities in an Olympic year (if that is what she is doing) will be great for her Olympic team chances.

I love that people have had her on their Olympic team for months after seeing a few training clips, when of course this comeback result was much more likely the whole time.

I can absolutely understand not wanting to have Valeri as a coach anymore but I hope she has something already lined up. It would be so odd to work this hard and then quit before even competing once.

I'm trying to think of where she might end up next, and drawing a blank. Lots of you know the US scene much better than I. Anyone got any ideas? The list of coaches who've shown they can coach one armed pirouette skills well isn't a long one.

I can absolutely understand not wanting to have Valeri as a coach anymore but I hope she has something already lined up. It would be so odd to work this hard and then quit before even competing once.
Inside Gymnastics has apparently said she'll likely continue training in the Dallas area.

Apparently WCC has posted on X confirming that she is not training there.

So, TD or Metroplex or ... ?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back