2024 NCAA Week 5: 01/29/24-02/04/24

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I know it helps save bodies, but I'm tired of two-pass floor routines with like level 8 tumbling and dance that isn't exceptional. Actually, I don't know why I watch NCAA period anymore because everything is so boring after a few years of consistently watching.

Annnnnd apparently judges can't even calculate SV correctly and are tossing out truly impossible scores. So frustrating.

Idk, I'm kinda neutral. I definitely agree with perhaps changing bonuses and such to incentivize more creative bar routines and away from 2 pass floor routines. But I would consider that a different issue than the judging. I get the arguments about scoring and seeding, I just don't know that it makes that much of a difference in the end. The biggest difference is if you are hosting and are home for regionals which isn't impacted by scores. I think all of us have a pretty good eye test of where teams are regardless of scores and there are very few circumstances that I can recall where one team was clearly better than another and lost because of judging. I just try not to get too caught up in over/under scoring, its an exercise in frustration.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back