Extremely Premature Olympic Team Predictions and Speculation

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Hatsumomo

Defender
NBC’s got those Olympic rings up underneath their logo* which means it’s time to start our speculations on who the Olympic teams will be as the year’s competitions go on and gymnasts announce a comeback trail.

*Obviously not limited to the USA; those rings under NBC’s logo are just the warning sign to Americans to prepare to be inundated with Olympics promos for the next 18 months.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 6.51.32 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s my prediction. Suni is way too valuable with her UB alone. Jade is almost a medal guarantee on FX and vault and in the likelihood that Simone doesn’t return, she’s by far and away the best on those events.

How do you figure she’s by far and away the best on floor when she was beaten by Jordan Chiles at Worlds? And she almost didn’t medal at all, so I’d hardly say she’s a medal guarantee. Certainly a strong possibility when she hits but she wasn’t the best US floor worker last year all year.

I think Jordan will stay consistent enough to be un-leaveable; she’ll be team captain. If Suni stays healthy, she’s in. Jade, a lock. Konnor needs to get and stay healthy and she has a real shot.

Of the gymnasts we just saw at Winter Cup, I could see Blakely, Miller, or Zeiss having a chance. Sullivan, maybe–depends on her trajectory.

Gabby Douglas. I would just die. How awesome would that be?

Calling Simone. Simone? You sure sure sure you don’t want to do this again? It is looking pretty open at this point…

ETA: oops, forgot Jones. Knew there was someone solid I had overlooked.

Last edited:
Blakley, Douglas, Carey, Suni, Jones
VT (Lee) Douglas, Jones, Carey
UB (Blakely) Douglas, Jones, Suni
BB (Jones) Blakeley, Douglas, Suni
FX (Douglas) Suni, Jones, Carey

Suni
Carey
Chiles
Jones
Biles if she does return, if not a newbee though I was not very impressed with the level at wintercup.

I think Chiles would be a great captain, judging how she interacted with the team at worlds last year, she was there for all of them, with great or not so great performances, Chiles was there for support or celebration

I don’t think Konnor McClain’s health will hold out. Other than that, I can see Suni, Jordan, and Jade making the team.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back