2023 World Qualification Status and Named Teams

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

I have Mexico and South Korea for 11th and 12th now just because their stars aren’t injured (touch wood)

Romania I think will just miss out, and I think Germany still have a good chance of a non-nominative spot. Belgium less so, but then Hungary have lost Kovacs, so maybe Spain could sneak in for 15th.

Last edited:
has Romania named their team?
Or should I say are they allowing Sabrina to do bars in the prelims?
Ana Barbosu, Lilia Cosman, Amalia Ghigoarta, Ella Oprea, Andreea Preda, Sabrina Voinea (alternate to be selected from among these six)

Oprea is likely the alternate. Preda and Ghigoarta would do bars.

I would imagine Barbosu is in AA with the other between Cosman and Voinea. Personally I would sit Voinea from bars.

However, Mommie Dearest is at Worlds, so I high probability that Voinea does AA.

I know she was injured for a while and hasn’t gotten back to full strength, although she did compete a few weeks ago. The tumbling was much watered down. I miss the double back to punch front.

I see the start order for Romania (thanks)… ending on beam. I’d like to think they’ll prioritize qualifying the team for the olympics, but yeah with her mom there I agree Voinea is likely to do bars.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back