Gymnasts' career intentions post-Paris

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Shushunova and Silivas before that.
Silivas won a medal in every single event in Seoul.
Shushunova won a medal in every single event in Rotterdam Worlds in 1987.
Both had world medals on events before this. Shushunova had a medal on every single event but bars in Montreal in 1985. There were no Soviets in bars finals in 1985 because Baraksanova and Mostepanova were pulled out of the AA for Shushusnova and Omelianchik. Once the two were pulled out citing injury they forfeited their event finals spot. Given the stranglehold East Germany had on uneven bars it was the smart decision, especially since the latter two Soviets tied for AA gold.
Ah man, that 1985 team optional floor rotation?

JUST PLAY IT AT MY FUNERAL

The medal on every event is an elite club for sure! Biles and Andrade had already accomplished it before Paris. The next ones back would be Mustafina and Khorkina, I believe, and then down to Milosovici and Podkopayeva. (I'm probably missing someone else.)
Milo has a world/olympic gold on every event except the AA... Does that apply to anyone else? I'm blanking if so(at least in the modern era)

Last edited:
Ellie Black is continuing 🥳
"As long as I'm loving what I'm doing and my body can still handle it and I have goals that I want to achieve, I'm going to continue doing gymnastics," Black said.

"For right now it's a little bit of a rest, but I'm not ready to be done with the sport just yet."

What a Goddess. I had forgotten about that 1992 worlds in Paris.
The Worlds where Zmeskal and Neculita were double EF moedalists (and the former two golds)... and Neculita won her floor bronze using the music that Zmeskal used in the previous season to win the Worlds AA. There was no Instagram back then so that was like following your heroes

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back