2024 WAG Qualifications Subdivision 5 (BRA, MG 5-HUN, MG8-ESP/BEL, AUS) Sunday, July 28 3:10 pm

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Nina Derwael said in an interview she had difficulties in the 2nd half of her routine and she pushed herself to get through it
She seemed to get crooked and it was like her right arm was stronger than her left arm on her kips. And I think it is interesting that she has the same leg split on her shaposh (?) that Simone always has. Is that something that is as hard to train out of someone like the bent knee taps? (or it it not really a deduction?)

Yeah she was way off to one side all through to the dismount but she certainly held it together

Can’t remember which thread it was but someone was asking about the pole hitting at the start of the comp. Announcer said it was a French theatrical tradition. They play a short video of multiple people doing it and then bring on someone to do it three times in person (bit awkward sometimes as no one knows when they are done). It’s cool that they’ve had former gymnasts doing it.

My mother caught some of the Brazilian gymnasts competing and she's a big big fan now, especially of Andrade. She barely watches gymnastics but even she saw the difference between Rebeca's and Simone's Cheng vaults.

Can’t remember which thread it was but someone was asking about the pole hitting at the start of the comp. Announcer said it was a French theatrical tradition. They play a short video of multiple people doing it and then bring on someone to do it three times in person (bit awkward sometimes as no one knows when they are done). It’s cool that they’ve had former gymnasts doing it.
That was me, and thank you! It was utterly confusing without knowing the context!

My mother caught some of the Brazilian gymnasts competing and she's a big big fan now, especially of Andrade. She barely watches gymnastics but even she saw the difference between Rebeca's and Simone's Cheng vaults.
My mum likes Rebeca too! She is the mum favourite.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back