2024 WAG Qualifications Subdivision 4 (CAN FRA KOR MG 3 L Brown) Sunday, July 28 12:00 pm ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I don't see any reason to expect accountability from the French fed.
all these federations are the same. I was mad at Japan for not using an alternate. France I guess is no better. With Nemour they would have qualified easily.

Ellie consoling Melanie in the mixed zone. I think that's Shallon wiping away Melanie's tears.

That's right, the Canadians should all speak at least basic French, too. I know Mélanie at least speaks English, but that's just one more hard thing when you're that upset.

Looking at the results, MDDS had 0,40 in ND for exceeding the fall time on UB, and going OT on BB. Keeping the 0,10 OT, but not taking the 0,30 for going past 0:30 time on UB would have qualified her to the AA final.

That's right, the Canadians should all speak at least basic French, too. I know Mélanie at least speaks English, but that's just one more hard thing when you're that upset.
Oh sweet summer child. If only we embraced bilingualism like you believe we do.

It's possible that she speaks some French, but the majority of English Canadians are not even close to functionally bilingual. Unless they have francophone heritage and/or do French immersion as a child.

Some suggestion that Boyer had a scary bars fall before the competition and it shit everyone up.

One of the responses indicates that concussion protocols were used for Boyer. No source, so take with ample salt.

I was scared for Boyer for her entire routine on bars. I gasped at her dismount. Makes sense they were all rattled by her fall. Plus the pressure and stress of home town crowd and qualifying to finals.

France was a contender to maybe get bronze, but ultimately finished 11th.

It looks like this is the first Olympics since 1980 that France have failed to qualify even a single gymnast to a final. A historically bad performance in front of their home crowd.

It doesn’t seem working with the Landis has helped Melanie. I was hoping last year was a turning point with her clutch beam in TFs at Worlds.

She's still signed up to do the Tour in America after the Olympics.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back