2024 WAG Euros TFs

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

IMG_6048.jpeg

I don't think she fell (12.8) but she had a leg up wobble on the switch half and a wolf turn wobble as well IIRC. Christine made a point about holding the candle mount handstand position today so perhaps she missed that as well.

She is special, probably the highlight of the competition for me.

I'm also impressed at Italy's depth at the moment - to be down Maggio, one D'Amato and Villa and still put together a performance of that caliber is impressive.

What does Guerts vault these days? She used to do a DTY so 3.6 D score for a 12.566 surprised me.

She had a 5.0 (I assume DTY) and 3.8 in qualification. That's not great for a second vault but she would still have made the final if she hadn't had 0.3 NDs for both.

As for what happened today, if she went for a Yurchenko 3.6 D would be just a layout, no twists.

I've never heard of Ming van Eijken before this week, but her vault scores are very strong and the French team could use her floor as well. It seems possible France might end up in a situation where their highest scoring team includes both her and Devillard, but that seems risky for bars and to a lesser extent beam (though Devillard did do beam in the TF today).

I've never heard of Ming van Eijken before this week, but her vault scores are very strong and the French team could use her floor as well. It seems possible France might end up in a situation where their highest scoring team includes both her and Devillard, but that seems risky for bars and to a lesser extent beam (though Devillard did do beam in the TF today).
I think the French team will be Melanie, Marine, Coline, Ming and Lorette.

VT: Ming, Melanie, Coline
UB: Marine, Lorette, Melanie
BB: Lorette, Melanie, Marine
FX: Ming, Marine, Melanie

Btw, Ming probably holds the record for number of countries any gymnast is eligible to represent!

Btw, Ming probably holds the record for number of countries any gymnast is eligible to represent!

No disrespect to any of those athletes, but if they could add Kaylia Nemour that would be a seriously good team.

No disrespect to any of those athletes, but if they could add Kaylia Nemour that would be a seriously good team.
I like Kaylia, but people really need to get over the whole situation. France made their bed and they have to lie in it. The French gymnasts are friendly and supportive of Kaylia, and frankly it is a bit disrespectful that any time team France is mentioned, it’s with an asterisk that says but Kaylia

I’m not too familiar with Ming until this week. How many could she represent?

Thanks everyone for the quickhits! Just catching up now. Poor Romania...

It is, but they might feel they have to do that if they want to compete for a medal. Brazil, Italy and China could all send teams that outscore a non-optimised France on paper.

I’m happy GB without the top 3 athletes managed to still get silver and produce some world class routines. Shows there’s a little bit more depth than previous years. (Not much, but more than before)
Off to watch the highlights, as I’ve been out all day

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back