2024 WAG Euros EFs

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Bummed for Alice, but really delighted by the quality of the last two finals. Helps that I had no idea what to expect going in!

Yes. I wonder how Manila will be tomorrow. And pressure on the whole team since the loss of Asia. Are they allowed to bring in the alternate?
I don't know, but given Italy's athlete management record, I'd be surprised if they would do so.

Judges are refusing to give high E to low difficulty routines and making up deductions. No way can 8.3 be justified for Filipa Martins, this deserved the bronze:

Good pirouette angles, overall good form (and no flexed feet on the piked jaeger - a common trap), good amplitude, and she doesn't even have little grip adjustments on the casts to try and deduct. Would be fair to give 9.0 and really shouldn't be under 8.8 here.

They also got the gold medal wrong for me, Elisa Iorio is constantly underscored on this event.

Did we get a confirmation on Asia's injury? I only ask because they briefly showed her standing up and sitting back down. It sure didn't look like there was anything wrong with her knee.

at 38:15

Becky on yesterday:

I would assume BG want her doing the safer routine today, as they're not likely to catch Italy but aren't miles ahead of France. It makes sense to try and protect the silver. So the EF may have been the last competitive opportunity to try out the 6.6 before Paris, unless they send her to Varna or similar.

I loved Filipa's routine yesterday too @Aeris

Yeah I was also surprised at Martins e score, but I mean they give nemour an 8.8 so yeah, then everybody else should top at 8.5 max. I still don't understand the scoring tbh, it's very difficult to estimate whether a routine will be rewarded or how much. At the moment i usually go with difficulty unless it looks really bad and that mostly works.

I think the most Nemour has received so far is 8.7 from any individual judge and 8.5 from a panel. She shouldn't be getting the highest E-score of any routine in the world, there's always more than a full point to take between the flexed feet, somewhat wild stalder 1/1 connection, underturn on the tkatchev 1/2, ezhova form, and several tenths on the dismount. She's amazing but people can do cleaner (simpler) routines than that and should be properly rewarded for it on the execution.

Manila Esposito.png

I think the most Nemour has received so far is 8.7 from any individual judge and 8.5 from a panel. She shouldn't be getting the highest E-score of any routine in the world, there's always more than a full point to take between the flexed feet, somewhat wild stalder 1/1 connection, underturn on the tkatchev 1/2, ezhova form, and several tenths on the dismount. She's amazing but people can do cleaner (simpler) routines than that and should be properly rewarded for it on the exeexecution
But i would argue her amplitude is mostly (except the dismount for example) beyond what everyone else is showing. Certainly for example someone like downie should get hammered in comparison. Whatever the case, the code is still unable to properly differentiate imo. And easier routines get hammered.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back