2024 WAG Euros announced teams

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

They should win if they can stay healthy and hit, especially as France don't have Melanie so it's a 2 horse race. With it being an Olympic year, I think Italy will want to save the last minute injuries for then, rather than wasting any at this early stage.

They should win if they can stay healthy and hit, especially as France don't have Melanie so it's a 2 horse race. With it being an Olympic year, I think Italy will want to save the last minute injuries for then, rather than wasting any at this early stage.
You hope that they see they have a real shot at a team medal at the Olympics and prioritize that over potentially dominating at Euros. But they do have an unfortunate injury history recently.

I think Italy will want to save the last minute injuries for then, rather than wasting any at this early stage.
Casella:

s4eamxv.jpeg

Considering how good the 2003 born generation are, Italy haven't managed to get much of a return on the talent. It would be satisfying to see them get it together for an Olympic medal.

I know covid complicated things but equally, Russia's ban left a lot of opportunities available that Italy for the most part haven't taken. The 2022 Euros team had the goods to be world champions that year.

Dutch team:
  • Vera van Pol.
  • Floor Slooff.
  • Elze Geurts.
  • Lieke Wevers.
  • Tisha Volleman.
  • Casey-Jane Meuleman (reserve)

Perhaps with slightly less dramatic visuals.

What do we think they'll do about beam now? I suspect the 3rd in TFs will be whoever did best in qualifying, but who to drop? Becky, Ruby and Abi are all inconsistent and their best recent international beams are in the low to mid 12s. With the potential to go much lower! Ruby did do pretty well at Cottbus last year, with a 13 on one occasion. But that's not been repeated since.

On what occasion? None of them ever score highly on beam! Even with GB joke domestic scoring, we're talking 12s for hit routines.

I might be tempted to omit Becky and let the other two have a go at it for experience, though. There's a fair chance of counting an 11 or worse, and no way round that, but at least GB could use the opportunity to look to next quad.

lol I mean higher than Becky who gets 11s
Becky's 12.5 in Cairo was actually the best any of them have managed internationally this year. But it's sliiiiiiiiim pickings! All three of them have mostly got in the 12s for hit routines even domestically, which the way they were scoring at the various nationals is a tad troubling.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back