2024 WAG Euros announced teams

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

ArnoldRimmer

Defender
The competition is 2nd to 5th May, and teams are starting to be announced. In the spirit of having more, shorter threads rather than megathreads that are less accessible for new members, I'm starting a dedicated thread here where we can discuss announced teams and talk about lineups.

GB confirmed yesterday that they're sending Achampong, Kinsella, Evans, Downie and Fenton.

France have also announced their team. Melanie De Jesus Dos Santos is sitting this one out. It's Boyer, Charpy, Devillard, Osyssek and Van Eijken.

I had been thinking the top 3 teams would be Italy, France and GB and nobody else would be able to get close, but with France minus MDJS perhaps that could give the Dutch a better chance of bronze.

If there are any other announced teams or squads, please post here.

Italy- 2 x D'Amato, Iorio, Esposito, Villa.

Do we know where Ferrari is up to? I see from twitter she has a new floor.

2 x D'Amato, Iorio, Esposito, Villa.
Interesting to see what they do for line ups.
VT: (Iorio) Esposito, Alice, Asia
UB: Iorio/Asia/Alice/Villa - any of these four, which takes Esposito out of AA
BB: Esposito/Asia/Alice, Iorio, Villa
FX: (Iorio), Asia, Alice, Esposito

AA: Iorio, Asia, Alice.

Iorio and Villa are essentially the same person with UB/BB

France Potential Line Up
VT: (Boyer) Osyssek, Van Eijken, Devillard
UB: (Van Eijken) Boyer, Osyssek, Charpy
BB (Van Eijken) Osyssek, Charoy, Boyer
FX (Devillard) Van Eijken, Osyssek, Boyer

Great Britain Potential Line Up
VT (GMF) Kinsella, Evans, Achampong
UB (Achampong) Kinsella, GMF, Downie
BB (GMF) Downie, Achampong, Kinsella
FX (GMF) Evans, Achampong, Kinsella

I wonder what the rationale behind that decision was. If she was just sitting out and not competing, then I could understand that under the idea that she's saving herself for the home Olympics. But to do the challenge cups instead? She could use the practice in consistency in competition, but then it circles back why the challenge cups instead of Euros.

I wonder what the rationale behind that decision was. If she was just sitting out and not competing, then I could understand that under the idea that she's saving herself for the home Olympics. But to do the challenge cups instead? She could use the practice in consistency in competition, but then it circles back why the challenge cups instead of Euros.
Maybe she just doesn't want to deal with the French coaches or federation more than she has to.

Sometimes when you're testing out new elements, combinations, routines, etc. you don't want to affect a team ranking in case things don't go as planned. FRA is heading into the OG with a bronze medal reputation - those are psychological tenths that don't want to be squandered. She'll still be getting feedback from an international judging panel and can take that information back to her training and modify accordingly if desired.

Isn’t there prize money for medaling at Challenge Cups?

Does anyone know if France pays out anything for Euros medals?

German team is Kevric, Muller, Schonmaier, Gotthardt and Stohr.

No Seitz. She said she's hoping to go to Jesolo instead. So it's really a very inexperienced team they're sending. Probably not going to contend for a team medal. I'm soooo excited to see Kevric though.

For Belgium Nina Derwael will do bars and beam, Mika vault and floor.
Maellyse, Erika and Jade will do AA.

Nina said she has never been as good prepared for beam and never as bad prepared for bars.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back