Euros 2021 - nominative rosters are out

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

You’re right. BUT. It depends on who the options for the fourth and (maybe) fifth gymnast is.

Clearly, absent injury, Ellie and Jennifer are on the team. Between them, they cover AA X 2 (except bars x1).

For the remaining 2 gymnasts you need a vault, 2 bars, a beam and a floor.

The obvious choice is Alice and Becky. But I don’t think the selectors really want to put Alice up on floor, if they can avoid it. Fragapane cannot do bars, so (if she’s ok!) she’s only going if GBR gets the +1. Jessica is better on bars than Jennifer, but really not enough for TF.

I’m looking forward to Euros to see how Amelie Morgan is doing.

Ironically, beam is the one event where GBR have no issues with depth!

There’s no denying that on a team almost certain to contain Jennifer Gadirova, a potential 15 on bars would be very helpful. That’s where the gap is.

With a team of Becky, Ellie, Gadirova and Alice, it will be interesting who they use for TF beam. That’s the best GBR beam line up we have ever had.

I think Becky Downie has a DTY back so she could be used in TF potentially.

Also in terms of BB I think Becky, Gadirova, Alice is best choice.

I found it crazy that, in 2016, despite Amy literally qualifying first reserve to BB EF, they didn’t even use her in TF.

Ellie also qualified first reserve (tied with Amy). I think I would bench Becky UES’s they have fixed her routine. Taken out the switch ring and Y turn which don’t/shouldn’t get credit.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back