2024 US Nationals WAG Session 1, Day 1

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

IMG_0921.jpeg

Shame Valeri is going to ruin Pease before LA.
It’s infuriating. You can already see the pieces there of her not being able to survive more than a year at best.

Valeri has quite possibly the worst track record of any major coach. Atler, Bross, Ohashi, The Brazilian National Team. Arguably Konnor and Gabby to some degree.

It’s infuriating. You can already see the pieces there of her not being able to survive more than a year at best.

Valeri has quite possibly the worst track record of any major coach. Atler, Bross, Ohashi, The Brazilian National Team. Arguably Konnor and Gabby to some degree.
The only coach with a worse track record is the one with two gymnasts dying within a few years of each other.

The only coach with a worse track record is the one with two gymnasts dying within a few years of each other.
I don’t want to excuse his behavior at all or give him some kind of pass, but he at least modified his coaching techniques in the aftermath.

Valeri is clearly unable to learn from past mistakes.

Poor Norah Christian, that's two hard falls from bars.

ETA: and a terrifying shap half to boot. Eeeek.

I know I said Gae was boring af, but those girls have those yurchenko double fulls locked in! I saw two excellent ones.

Claire Pease is excellent on beam of course. The best I’ve seen today by far.

Norah Christian’s gymnastics is kind of terrifying. Like she has all of the skills everywhere, but it’s way too much altogether in a routine. She almost ate the bar on her Church in the warmup, and in the competition she shot her releases out a few feet. I don’t know what her coaches are thinking.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back