2024 US Nationals MAG Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Pommel was such a mess I’m betting Nedoroscik would be on the highest scoring team from night 1…but I don’t think a one eventer is going to make this team right?

Tie for 3rd, tie for 5th, tie for 7th, tie for 13th, tie for 17th.

3. Donnell Whittenburg - 83.500
3. Colt Walker - 83.500
5. Khoi Young - 83.400
5. Shane Wiskus - 83.400
7. Paul Juda - 82.750
7. Cameron Bock - 82.750

13. Riley Loos - 80.650
13. Taylor Burkhart - 80.650

17. Joshua Karnes - 77.950
17. Samuel Phillips - 77.950

USAG broke all ties. No one is left tied on the results sheet.

Barring injury or a major disaster, Brody Malone is going to Paris.

So look to people who can fill in where Brody isn't so strong, namely floor and vault.

A one event gymnast can be chosen if the math works out right. These one event guys are some of the few that can score 15 or close to it, so they very well could.

How secure are Khoi Young and Fred Richards? Given that they both medalled at worlds last year.

How secure are Khoi Young and Fred Richards? Given that they both medalled at worlds last year.
It will all come down to the math. The men's program doesn't look at past performance at Worlds unless they need to go into the discretionary criteria if the numbers don't make the decision clear cut.

I think Khoi is in good shape because he can bring in big numbers on vault and pommels. One team scenario calculation throws out a score, so if he hits the next three events he should be good.

I'll have to take a closer look at Fred's scores. He did well on high bar and aside from Brody Malone, the US isn't great on that event.

I feel that Fred is as close to a lock as there is besides Brody. I would say the probability of him making the team is over 95%.

Khoi — more like 50%... especially with Brody back. His vault is great, but it doesn't add a heck of a lot because vault scores aren't so spread out.

I feel bad for Donnell... he got 3rd tonight (and 2nd at Nationals not so long ago) but a lot of the top guys missed one event.

I do think Yul could pull it off in the end... he will have 3 events where he is top 3 among the contenders (FX, PH, PB) — he just needs to his some pommel horse exercises!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back