2023 World Championship Event Finals Day 2 MAG VT/PB/HB & WAG BB/FX (Sunday 10/08)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m not sure… Rebecca and Jessica got pretty close in this champs(closer than anyone had before at least) I know Jessica isn’t here today but Rebecca could make it very interesting
In TQ, Biles was first despite two -0.3 landings. And in TF she obviously went 15.166 which is half a point than Andrade and Gadirova have scored

In TQ, Biles was first despite two -0.3 landings. And in TF she obviously went 15.166 which is half a point than Andrade and Gadirova have scored
But Rebecca has scored a 14.666 and Simone’s last Fx was 14.533… it is definitely Simone’s to lose but it is going to be much closer this year than inthe past

I wish I understood pbars better. I really enjoy watching it (and I’m not usually afraid someone is going to die). But it’s different enough from all the women’s events that I don’t really know the skills or have a great sense of difficulty or how a routine might be looking to upgrade. It takes a lot of the savor out of it, and I don’t have a great sense of who to root for beyond sentimentality.

There’s a distinct possibility there will be no individual medallists from Europe (well, representing a country in Europe) on the women’s side. I’m assuming that’s never happened before.

Last edited:
Shame for Yul. I liked that half turn front flip move he did. Reminded me of Alan Nolet’s Geinger

8803.png

DAUSER Lukas
[image] GER

Total

Diff.

Exe.

Pen.

Rank

that will win

Honestly, I feel like there’s going to be a collective sigh of relief from all other gymnasts when Simone retires because my god, nobody and their accomplishments exist except in relation to her. This is men’s parallel bars and they’re comparing the male German gymnast to her.

As usual the media skews things that way. They seem to think all anyone wants to hear is stuff about Simone. No fault of hers but i’m sure it gets old.

As usual the media skews things that way. They seem to think all anyone wants to hear is stuff about Simone. No fault of hers but i’m sure it gets old.
Oh yeah, I don’t blame her for it. But damn, I wouldn’t blame any other gymnasts for being aggravated by it too, especially if they’re from other countries that aren’t dominant in the sport and making history themselves.

There’s a distinct possibility there will be no individual medallists from Europe (well, representing a country in Europe) on the women’s side. I’m assuming that’s never happened before.
It’s come close before. 2008 the only European individual medals were Chuso on VT and Izbasa on FX. 2018 Europe only medaled on UB with Derwael and Seitz.

With Russia being stronger this quad there would most likely be some Russian won medals at these championships if they weren’t banned though, so it’s no European individual medals with an asterisk. The reigning Olympic champions from Europe aren’t here.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back