2021 Russian Cup (June 8-12) -- last Russian competition before Tokyo, besides videoless verification meets

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

@Doug1233 will you be a dear and score this FTY for me?

you know I love them petty deductions, and I’m trying to understand this code better.

Has she been at the Nabieva school of hair design or is she hoping for a spot on a SEC team?

I want to say 9.4 but I know they’ll go lower.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an FTY given more than a 9.2 in proper international scoring.

Last edited:
They took Gera to Euros and she scored like 11 on beam honestly no Russian is consistent on beam. Those were Akaimova’s best vaults and I’m sure they came after Valentina’s comments on the team. Honestly if Paseka’s back held out she would be a good number 4.

Gerasimova won beam gold at the 2017 junior Russian championships, 2018 Massilia, 2018 Voronin, 2019 junior worlds, and 2019 Top Gym. Also in 2019 she won bronze on beam at Jesolo, silver at Russian championships, and silver at Russian Cup.

I know people are underwhelmed by her recent Euros and Championship results, but she’s one of the most consistent beamers Russia has had in all of the open-ended code.

Seems like Gerasimova isnt so reliable. I really like her but she is showing lack of consistency.

It Will be a difficult task to reach the fourth name.

Urazova really impressed me. But she needs to keep that double front in bounds!

Last edited:
never say you’re sorry for posting video feeds. 😍

I’m so mad at Listunova’s fx situation. It’s so STUPID to have her toy around with different things when she’s clearly not the most natural tumbler.

Vorona’s fx was mildly entertaining to me until she went into that ring 1/2 leap which really just looks like someone having a spasm throught a switch leap

I really don’t get why Russia is so inconsistent on beam is it their training? The routines the current crop are doing aren’t that difficult yet none of them have a hit rate above 30%. In 2012 the team was also shaky on beam but they were doing hard skills like Arabians and G level dismounts. If Melnikova’s coach were smart he should have her abandon the 2 vault training, a medal on that event for her would require atleast 3 falls by other gymnast. Her time needs to be spent on beam between Euros and Russia Cup she has fallen on 3 of her 5 routines. Whatever they were doing in 2019/20 they need to do it again. Listunova doesn’t seem to have the stamina to make it through multiple days of competition I’m not sure if that can be sorted by Tokyo. My prediction is Urazova will be Russia’s best shot at an individual medal she’s the most consistent of the 3.

I don’t think that the Russian’s do much conditioning in their training - probably as a result of having the very “old school”, but well politically connected, 85 year old Valentina running the programme. The Russian WAG team desperately need some new coaching ideas but I don’t know when this will happen

I also have a 9.4 @Doug1233

.1 leg separation pre-flight
.1 height
.1 legs apart on landing
.1 hop
. 1 additional step (left foot)
. 1 lack of balance (due to left foot step after the hop)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back