2021 Russian Cup (June 8-12) -- last Russian competition before Tokyo, besides videoless verification meets

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Most importantly and germane to the Olympic conversation, was Nabieva there and on a scale from Lobazniuk Arabian to the time it takes an international panel to calculate a beam d-score, how long did she pant in the corner before attempting a double twist?

Listunova’s Silivas is a mess and I can’t believe they’ve taken out the whip + whip + triple. What the hell… Her Kochetkova also needs to go. Her Fabrichnova is a very welcome addition and her vault looks improved.

Good to see Urazova seems much healthier now than before. Removing the triple on floor was probably a smart move, as is dismounting with a double full. Her handstands on bars are also slightly improved, I think.

Ilyankova is an easy choice for a +1. Not sure how she saved this Tweddle + Ezhova. She can be really hit or miss but she’s right up there with Fan Yilin to challenge for bronze.

I take it Listunova’s double pike second pass is a placeholder for her DLO. Given that she under-rotates both her Silivas and DLO, this is pretty dumb. Sure, her whip + whip + triple full has those flexed feet, but it’s one of the highest we’ve ever seen and has typically been a very consistent pass for her.

All Around final:
1-viktoria listunova 14,233 14,866 14,6 14,266 57,965/ 113,698
2-vladislava urazova 14,4 14,833 14,5 13,6 57,333/ 113,666
3-Angelina melnikova 14,366 14,9 12,933 14,433 56,632/ 113,463
4-lilia akhaimova 108,631 (final:53,799)
5-elena gerasimova 107,630 (final:53,332)

hm, so melnikova apparently lost it on bb. Those bb scores look quite inflated, specially Uzarova’s, imma wait for those vids before I get excited.

I was just gonna say. This reminds me of Grishina in 2012. These last minute upgrades often don’t work out well.

ok so mostly everything here is much improved. Except that f-ing Kochetkova, that needs to go. She’s pulling that in line with sheer core strength. And they need to stick with DLO, whip-whip-triple. She was never really underrotated right? just those horrible feet. Then she can do 2,5 punch front and the double tuck.

Also, did she do a fabrichnova off bars at Euros? The bar set looks great, but that can change fast cause sometimes she’s reaaaally off on the piked 1/1. The DTY looks great and so I’m sure they will show up at the olympics having her do something else and fucking it up. Yay strategy!

Uzarova’s beam is pretty legit, turns out. I specially love how she landed the layout basically on the one foot and just kept all cool about it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That floor is pretty terrible though, what is UP with the music mixes of these girls, are they trying to confuse the judges?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back