WAG Vault:
Oksana Chusovitina UZB 14.066
Coline Devillard FRA 13.966
Nancy Taman EGY 13.366

WAG Bars:
Rebeca Andrade BRA 14.500
Anastasiia Bachynska UKR 13.433
Lorrane Oliveira BRA 13.400

very happy for him… I know nothing about scoring but now I wonder if a 15.5 is legit…

There’s some discussion about whom China will pick for the nominative +1: Weng Hao (PH) or Yuo Hao (PB). They are both on 1st on their respective apparatus with Yuo winning the tiebreaker because he finaled in every World Cup he competed. However, Weng had the stronger showings if you just take into the account EF results, so I wonder if China will be tempted to go with him.

The implications are that if Yuo (PB) accepts the +1, RUS will accept a place from Euros and ITA (Bartolini) will not. The Euros place instead goes to Adem Asil, with TUR having 4 individuals in Tokyo, the equivalent of a full team. Kameyama would accept the PH spot, leaving JPN with a maximum contingent of 6 gymnasts.

If Weng accepts the PH spot, Poliashov (RUS) will go for PB and Bartolini will qualify.

Last edited:
His scores from 2017, 2018 and 2019 worlds - and at this event he had 15,133 in QC and upped to 15, 500 in AF - it seems a stretch that he suddenly surpassed his early quad execution and especially that he went higher by 0,367 between competitions - but until I see videos I’ll delay officially crying, “Foul!”.

AF 6,3 / 8,433 - 14,733
QC 6,3 / 8,400 - 14, 700

AF 6,3 / 9,066 - 15,366
QC 6,3 / 8,966 - 15,266

AF 6,3 / 9,133 - 15,433
QC 6,3 / 9,100 - 15,400

Do federations get to decide themselves who they want to send if they have more than one apparatus winner?

Thanks. I would like to see the QC exercise also to see where the additional 0,3 was lost (or gained as was the case). It was a very good exercise - especially when his OG “life” was on the line.

Actually it looks like Yuo Hao is officially the nominative +1, so Kameyama qualifies for PH, with RUS and Asil (TUR) earning +1s from Euros. The non-nominative +1 will be decided among Liu Yang, Weng Hao, Lan Xingyu, and Huang Mingqi. Reportedly Liu Yang has a back injury.

Last edited:

Is this first move a zapata? And these podkopayevas are giving me LIFE

So what’s the zapata 1? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

No they cannot choose who they want to send. There is a tiebreaker and Yuo Hao would have won it over Weng Hao.

I don’t think China (or any country) can withdraw from the rankings, once you are in you are in. I am pretty sure that is what the rule was. Otherwise they have messed with the results and it is unfair to the other athletes.

Yeah, my understanding is Yuo Hao gets that +1 spot, and it’s an all or nothing deal. If China declines his spot, that’s it, China can’t get a different apparatus spot.

This is what I thought until reading upthread. A quick look on twitter suggests some people thought it was possible to withdraw from consideration as long as you do it before the series is finished?

That was not my understanding at all because then the points need to be reallocated.

As it is I don’t think the reallocated the points for those that were ineligible following 2019 Worlds.

I found a vid, yes that’s the 1, the 2’s the layout version, plus he did a front 1/2-DLO out but never landed it in competition so that’d be the zapata 3.

Funnily enough these are all variations from the deferr skill we never got to see (front 1/2-double tuck out)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back