US Classic Session 2 thread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

That sounds like some kind of strange personal bias. Her FX is serviceable, with room to improve the dance, and wouldn't be used in team final anyway. Skye hasn't shown the ability to do better than Jordan on any of FX, VT, or UB (she lost UB to Jordan even without the fall) and she barely outscored her on BB too.
It’s entirely personal bias. I don’t like her, don’t like her gymnastics and don’t want her on the team. I don’t particularly like Skye either

I am not reading the same posts you are because it seems like everyone is agreeing on Jade and pretty much everyone is agreeing on Suni, too. :)
I'm 90% of the way there on Jade. I am very confident in her coaching and her ability to upgrade her tumbling.

Suni, no way. The beam set isn't enough for me, as great as it is and as please as I am that they took the route of the Steingruber dismount despite the built in deduction. She should have a consistent bars set by now, and she doesn't.

Random but would Biles be the first Mrs. on the team since Annia Hatch? What other married All Around Olympic champs have there been?

I'm getting too old for the "excitement" of an Olympic year. After all that whiplash, I'm sitting here looking forward to the dead time after the Olympics end.

For those saying to not take Suni just for BB, then who else? She's been relatively consistent on that event and is putting up big numbers. Nobody after Simone, Shilese, Jade is showing they are adding any extra medal chance to this team, and Suni's BB is the single biggest boost to the team score. The 5th member of the team will already be providing backup on VT/FX anyway.

It’s entirely personal bias. I don’t like her, don’t like her gymnastics and don’t want her on the team.

Jordan without a vault upgrade is not something that entices me either, but I don't see any justification for taking Skye over her at this point.

Jordan without a vault upgrade is not something that entices me either, but I don't see any justification for taking Skye over her at this point.
I think Jordan vs. Skye is one that will benefit from a few more competitions. If Jordan has regained her 2021 early season (or ncaa) consistency, if skye stops giving away points over the place... then it is a harder task. But Skye hasn't been hitting it out of the park enough to make her place firm and Jordan looks like she is on a good trajectory from last year.

I wasn’t a Chiles floor fan at all until 2022, but I really loved her routines that year and the NCAA part of 2023. Today she had issues with every skill. But, it’s also just Classic and doesn’t matter unless you hurt yourself or don’t qualify.

I don’t know what to think about Suni except that I think it’s stupid that not competing is better than showing you have an EF quality set even though you aren’t consistent yet.

Yeah, if Gabby can't get a high level UB routine consistent after over a year of training, why do we think Suni is going to pop one out in a few weeks?
I really wish she and Suni... well all of them really, would get off social media. At least until the Olympics are over. I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to turn it off.

I really wish she and Suni... well all of them really, would get off social media. At least until the Olympics are over. I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to turn it off.
I could be assuming wrong, but don't they have social media managers doing the majority of their posts? They need to maintain their presence for endorsements and sponsorships.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back