US Classic Session 2 thread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Love Jade the person, but she finished 5th on floor. Other than vault, does she really fill a role on the team?
See my post about the top-scoring team. She would do floor also...

Jordan made a strong case for herself on bars. But I just don’t think you can take that floor routine to the Olympics
Just went back and watched it. Felt a bit like scrolling through a TikTok feed because of all the cuts, but is otherwise similar to the myriad of routines with midi brass, no? (and why is that the trend right now??)

You mean Simone – Chiles = 2 x (Shiles – Chiles)?
I mean the AA score difference between Jones and Chiles. It's 1.850 between Shilese and Simone and around 3 between Shilese and Jordan (I closed the scores tab and don't feel like reopening it to get the exact number).

Did both Shi and Simone go 4 for 4 without a major mistake? Chiles had a fall, right?

Just went back and watched it. Felt a bit like scrolling through a TikTok feed because of all the cuts, but is otherwise similar to the myriad of routines with midi brass, no? (and why is that the trend right now??)
the music cut is sailing very close to the wind of what’s allowed and the overall style is a big, big risk

I mean the AA score difference between Jones and Chiles. It's 1.850 between Shilese and Simone and around 3 between Shilese and Jordan (I closed the scores tab and don't feel like reopening it to get the exact number).
No, only 2.2 difference.

Important thing about team building: By Olympics, Lee will be swinging bars, too. So that slot Chiles is filling is EASILY replaceable by anyone who contributes on literally ANY apparatus.

If a gymnast shows up with a good Cheng, she's in,.

If Douglas shows up with a 14.8 bars, she's in.

If McClain isn't injured and shows up with a reliable 14.7 beam, she's in.
I have zero faith in Lee and Douglas to hit bars at this point.

McClain is done.

Important thing about team building: By Olympics, Lee will be swinging bars, too. So that slot Chiles is filling is EASILY replaceable by anyone who contributes on literally ANY apparatus.

If a gymnast shows up with a good Cheng, she's in,.

If Douglas shows up with a 14.8 bars, she's in.

If McClain isn't injured and shows up with a reliable 14.7 beam, she's in.
But will Suni be swinging bars? Because nothing we have seen is pointing in that direction of a consistent, high-scoring routine.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back