Field set for 2021 GK U.S. Classic and GK Hope Championships, updated event

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Literally. I was saying “shut up I really don’t care what you’re saying” as I was listening.

STFU please.

I love that leg twist thing McCallum does in the choreography after the straddle half jump. Something different and it’s nice to have someone not do cookie cutter choreo. Especially when two wolf turns are so predictable.

Last edited:
I was ready to argue that Grace is just coming back from an injury and her beam consistency will improve . . . then I realized that the series in question doesn’t use her injured hand.

It might just be an inconsistent series.

Eaker’s 3.5 landing and punch front takeoff in the background of McCusker FX. She promptly flew OOB on the front tuck.

eaker 3 and a half takeoff

Last edited:
Good for Riley, getting all her nerves out today so she can kill it tomorrow!

Utah’s coaches probably figured her Stuttgart composition was more or less the end of things, but now they have to be shitting themselves every time she does this. And then there’s the whip triple, which is begging for some kind of CGA Sydney quad/early WOGA edit.

I don’t know why Al felt the need to overhaul Eaker’s floor after she nailed it at Trials for a 14.000 and top 3 on the event. If US judges are waving you through at selection, don’t test fate. At most, see if the whip + triple works as a mount, but the old routine was fine other than the ring 1/2.

Her 2019 Trials FX routine, with the rings taken out, was PERFECTLY ADEQUATE.

She will not break a 14 with these “upgrades”. She’s spent two years working her nuts off to go backwards and it’s all because of Fong and his ego.

Post puberty hips are not a great match for a 3.5. Look at the history of 3.5’s and you’ll see it’s all pre pubescent children (and Shang). Fong has the calculus all wrong. Eaker has lovely lines great toe point and lovely leg extension. USE IT. Don’t make her throw her body across the diagonal to do a 3.15 twisting back into punch side somi.

Last edited:
And she can do a Fabrichnova?! Amazing. I don’t know that judges could see it from the side, but ever since she upgraded her dismount, her taps had clearly sickled and slightly flexed feet on those giants.

Wasn’t he on the message boards around the same time? I don’t see a world where he’s not yelling that from the clouds back then, if I remember his behavior/demeanor correctly from back in the day.

I saw that earlier and giggled my head off. Grace definitely looks how I feel.

I was excited for Winter cup but oh man I’m even more excited for tomorrow. I also grinned when I saw that move was in Chellsie’s floor.

Simone’s vault is just amazing. I want to share it with everyone I’ve ever met 😁

Last edited:
other than vt, are their vids of Simone? Anything new?

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back