Field set for 2021 GK U.S. Classic and GK Hope Championships, updated event

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Laurie has a weird kick in her Shap and I don’t know what to do with it. That’s like, 0.5 bent knee no?

ETA Simone’s VT timer…

Last edited:
Yeah, I watched that shap on slow-mo to figure out what she was doing wrong since her legs were pretty well together at the release and it was only on the catch that the one flew away. I wanted to yell “squeeze!” at her since she did the same thing twice so it wasn’t a fluke.

Could you please be more specific as to Morgan? What was she hitting, on what apparatus?

What deduction will Skinner receive if she doesn’t hit vertical on the candlestick mount? Really difficult to tell if she did today, but just wondering in general.

I checked the 2017-2021 CoP and I don’t see anything in it about it. Maybe there’s a Help Desk? My gut instinct would be letter downgrade to C, and E panel judges should also take .1 for loss of balance. Funnily enough, I think judges deduct more for an Omelianchik that fails to meet and hold handstand. I don’t understand why the WTC ever rated the candle mount a D. Did they want to see it that badly?

I don’t mind a precise, tight, vertical mount, but Skinner’s is far from that. Surely there has to be a couple of deductions that should be taken.

.1 for the leg separation entering the skill for sure. Some might take .1 for bent knees too, but I think maybe we can see that better from this oblique angle. You could potentially deduct .1 for catching the skill off axis. And loss of balance would be .1 as well I think

FTY on VT
Her UB (although not full sets just pieces of her routine)
BB, she fell on a standing tuck full but then hit the next two right aftr

I am trying to think of which athletes from Orlando Metro it would have been in 2006-2008 era. Surely not Shayla Worley.

But didn’t the post say Atlanta?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back