Field set for 2021 GK U.S. Classic and GK Hope Championships, updated event

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

INSANE. How do you even judge that?

It’s not just a new vault. It’s like, a whole new vault row.

They’re gonna have to make a new page in the COP for it.

E - 9.7? Leg Sep, feet, and step?

Nothing for height distance dynamics. Nothing on the table. Shoulder angle is perfect. Chest on landing is perfect. Legs are straight and uncrossed.

Like - what else is there?

This is like - the drawing of the vault in the Code.

Attachments

• 10287C8F-65C1-4377-A1CB-24010D308D3F.jpg
    10287C8F-65C1-4377-A1CB-24010D308D3F.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
In real time the leg sep is not noticeable IMO I would go flat feet and step 9.800

Depends where you’re sitting. The first video is more at an angle where I think the leg Sep would be visible.

Side on, you’re right, 9.8.

Now - D Score? The “other” Biles is a 6.4. Did we think this was in the 6.6-6.8 region? With the double tuck a 6.4?

That vault could literally be a 16.6 in the first rotation of the AA. Nina in second from bars with a 15.0. Everyone else struggling to break 14.5.

I mean it’s insane.

Please god let her not get injured and get her to Tokyo to perform that. That piece of gymnastics just cannot never be shown at the Olympics.

Last edited:
Anybody know this guy on Facebook claiming his athletes did this vault in 2006 and were told never do that?

I got no insight into that situation, but I do remember hearing that Martha was basically making everyone do yurchenko vaults and any time someone wanted to try one of the other entries, it didn’t get the green light (or they were made aware that Martha was not cool with the idea so they stopped). So, it would fit into the previously stated MO of the national team coordinator in the last decade of her tyranny.

Also, Simone! Yaaaaassssss, queen!

Last edited:
I personally don’t believe it. If he had two athletes with enough power and skill to do this vault, they would be at the least world vault champions…no no, at the very least national vault champions.

[No message]

Attachments

• DA10C81C-B518-4213-9F0B-5350E3E0CE27.gif
    DA10C81C-B518-4213-9F0B-5350E3E0CE27.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
I mean, maybe into a pit.

I cannot believe he had unknown gymnasts doing this onto hard in 2006 and the whole gymternet didn’t find out.

Also, if they were safely landed, are we saying Marta left at home a potential 16.0 vault score and vault gold medal in Beijing. And if they were chucked, at the very least she did not try to channel the apparently amazing Yurcheckno blocks into Amanars? Maroney was at least training a Yurchenko double tuck which Marta stopped because she still had the world’s best vault without it.

Chellsie really could do a DTY here. That full was really big.

She is landing gingerly but I wonder whether that’s because she literally never lands on hard at home.

I appreciate Grace’s Mount. Love the back extension crossways. Great way to satisfy requirements and get some artistry ticks in the bank.

In fact, her beam construction is great. She’s already got DED in the bank before she even gets up.

The one potential issue is that if she checks after the aerial cartwheel, she literally loses 0.8 in D score. It’s the centrepiece to her whole beam routine.

ETA: Riley’s dismount (0:20) is gorgeous when it’s not at the end of a long set.

ETA2: Seems like Riley’s going for the Stalder Tkatchev Tucked. “The McCusker”.

ETA3: Riley’s arm position in her beam Wolf turns. What happened?

ETA4: Is Riley using Jades 2020 floor music?!?!?

ETA5: new Memmel turn for riley. Looks ok. Her dance is a little posey. As if Jade had great toe point… I bet Maggie hates it.

ETA6: Riley DLO. A little flung but doesnt land crunched. Sits it down.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back