Field set for 2021 GK U.S. Classic and GK Hope Championships, updated event

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

1pm ET is 3am Aussie time. I will get home around midnight after being at the Aussie Champs, so planning an all-nighter just to catch a bit of gym. Hopefully. I think I’ve worked out how to get the broadcast, but can’t test it out until tomorrow because that is when I will activate a free 2 month subscription (thanks Uber!).

How close is Chellsie to putting everything together on bars? I feel like we have seen all the components, but not a full routine. Any ideas on whether she is close enough to throw a routine if needed?

Yes! Gymnastics all nighter!

I don’t think her bars is quite ready yet. The Hindorf isn’t consistent and she’s struggling with the clear hip 1/2. I think she’s currently working:

Hindorf - Pak 0.2
Shap - Clear Hip 1/2 0.2
Giant Full - Tkatchev
Blind - Front Giant - Double Front

EDECCDBD 0.4 = 5.4

She will ultimately aim to replace the front giant with the jam, which would raise her D score by 4 tenths.

Last edited:
If she has anything like this program going on, she’s a lock for the team:

FYI I do not endorse the glaring errors in this video. Set aside the butchered surname, they edited in a switch full at 2:45 which is clearly a split full, and then used a short Gogean later in the routine! Heresy!

Today must be training for juniors. I wonder if we’ll get any info.

" All senior routines will be available on the USA Gymnastics YouTube Channel following the sessions." So, that’s nice. Fucking shame that no one will see the juniors because of their shitty decision to sell rights to Flo.

I agree about Grace. She has been the quiet work horse of the quad and I think will most likely be the second AA’er if Suni is still hampered by her ankle.

If she can show the program as per that video - then for sure the number 2. Even if Suni was healthy.

I really like Grace, but she’s been training upgrades that have never materialized in competition for years now. Combined with that awful injury, I don’t think that video is very realistic for what we’ll see this summer.

Now watch her bust out something close to that and firmly establish herself as the #2 AAer.

It is the injury that has me concerned about her progress. I guess we will know soon . . .

Exactly. Most of her upgrades either never make it to the venue, or they fizzle out in PT/warmups.

That said, she’s actually grown on me. Like a rash, I guess. I value her as a firewall against Skinner and GAGE. Skinner, enough said, and when McCallum does make mistakes (which happens more than her reputation suggests), they’re typically far less costly than GAGE’s.

Also, loose panel or not, GAGE and Skinner could never get an FIG 14.641 on bars and qualify top 10 for EF. Shame to have so many freak things happen to her hand, since Stuttgart suggests she could be competitive if she upgraded bars. Ditto for a +1 USA if team didn’t work out.

I also wonder if McClain might be fighting with Riley for that second +1 spot.

Reactions: MRR
Or Shilese Jones

Last edited:
Simone just did the yurchenko double pike. And Chiles an amanar but sat it.

Simone is truly amazing.

I read on twitter that Chiles landed a second amanar. I hope she has a great meet.

Chiles’ second Amanar is stood up with step to the side.

Leanne crashing her DTY is not good.

Biles just about stuck the Biles 2 apparently.

McCusker doing Chusovitina’s on FX with tucked knees and staggered landing.

Carey with DTY and Cheng

Hurd is hitting everything so far.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back