2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 1 (6/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

You know what . . . .we will not end up with the Team any of us projected, and lots of hearts will be broken . . . .but we will still have a great team and go to Paris and win a LOT of hardware
The only way to look at these tragically timed injuries is that someone else’s Olympic dream is going to come true.

But it does leave a big hole on bars

So Jordan needs to be solid and nail bars, since she will likely be the 3rd up in team finals on that event. 5th is likely Kayla or Leanne. Might come down to Leanne's Cheng.

I am neutral on Kayla’s gymnastics but I have been thinking that it would be gutting to be an alternate for two Olympics in a row plus 2023 worlds.

This is the flip side, if you’ll pardon the pun, of there not being favourites as was in the past. More legitimate chances, but it leads to everyone throwing everything at it

I was saying this exact thing to my husband last night. The depth is the curse. In the past when there was only a handful at the top, you could afford to be 70% ready by Classics, 80% at Nationals, 90% at Trials, then 100% at the Games. This year if you weren't near 100% by Nationals you risked not making Trials.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back