2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 1 (6/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I
There was a deduction in previous codes, but not the code when Skinner started the 1 arm 'technique'. It got added back but I think she improved enough at that point to not get deducted.

Okay, thanks.

There was a deduction in previous codes, but not the code when Skinner started the 1 arm 'technique'. It got added back but I think she improved enough at that point to not get deducted.
Yeah, she managed to at least touch the vault with the second hand, whether or not she got repulsion off of it. It was enough to avoid the deduction.

Leanne totally Skimmered that vault. Sucks but they should have known about that deduction.

what does that mean for Wong? are her chances of making the team now slimmer

She still vaulted a DTY too. They can see her scores on that and just use that vault for the team if she makes it.

I wasn't a deduction when Skinner did the obvious one arm - the judges complained and the 2 point neutral deduction went into the code - then Skinner taught herself to hit the second (bent) arm enough to avoid the deduction.

The one-arm deduction was in the WAG COP for a long time. Then the FIG executive committee pushed to "harmonize" the WAG and MAG codes, so WAG ditched the one-arm deduction because it wasn't something that ever actually got used and it was an easy compromise.

Then Skinner came along.

Deduction goes back into the code.

A major devaluation happening at a domestic US meet is a pretty positive development, much as I hate it for Leanne. At least she walked away.

This broadcast sucks. They showed so many routines at nationals, idk what's up with the broadcast this time.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back