2024 Paris Fashion and Olympic Leotard discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

In love with Germany's Leo. It speaks to me.

gettyimages-2163621863-2048x2048.jpg

In love with Germany's Leo. It speaks to me.

View attachment 10715
I think it’s a shame that it’s not allowed to have a mix of unitards and leotards in team competition, as long as the body is the same. In not doing so, it kind of removes everything that allowing unitards was aiming to do. Since gymnasts don’t really have a choice as the rules stand.

I wonder if, since they are not competing as a team, Germany will make a point regarding unitards and leotards not being considered matching uniform

The individuals don't have to wear the same leotards even though there are 3 of them.

By the way, one of the threads we have created is on data.

I thought it would be fun to analyze the "team" totals of the 5 WAG and 3 MAG that have 3 athletes.
WAG: PHI, HUN (though Kovacs:(), GER, ESP, MEX
MAG: UZB, BEL, KOR

Should be fun!

I think it’s a shame that it’s not allowed to have a mix of unitards and leotards in team competition, as long as the body is the same. In not doing so, it kind of removes everything that allowing unitards was aiming to do. Since gymnasts don’t really have a choice as the rules stand.
Totally agree. Removing choice is not a step forwards.

I really like Italy's and loooove South Africa. Judicious use of the bling and incorporating something... cultural. Very cool.

Kinda like the Egyptian hieroglyphic leo from last years' Worlds.

The fact that the mat color prevents gymnasts from seeing the beam is a problem for me.

Someone said they thought Suni took out her layout mount because of this.
Agreed. I think the arena is super pretty, but I don't like that lack of contrast.

On a lighter note, this rendering makes it look like they're gonna use the MIOBI beam. 😄

I wonder if they could have gotten a beam cover the same shade as the vault? It would be a bit different, but at least there would have been contrast.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back