2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah, it’s like 95% of international competitions are in other parts of the world, and I don’t know what the solution is besides replays. We don’t even have the American Cup anymore. And I know the US only wants worlds if they’re the year before the Olympics.

Last edited:
Event Finals never used to be this long. However, FIG has made it more theatrical so announcing the gymnasts during the entrance takes forever and the award ceremonies seem longer for some reason. Then you add in one touch warm ups and that adds in time as well.

I understand making it more of an event for the audience, but I miss the days were the gymnasts just marched out, one touch and went.

I also don’t see the need to have separate events. There is no reason why they can’t alternate events and have men’s floor and women’s vault go at the same time. Just have the first woman vault after the first men’s floor and while waiting for the floor score.

I’ll be judging beam and floor live. Maybe even @irichluck21 too if he puts his big boy pants on
I am with hubby and he said he will watch but only if I don’t judge.
oh come on GIF by funk

Well, I doubt they care when something is inconveniently timed for the US, Canada, Mexico, and South America, so why should I care when something is inconveniently timed for them?

Last edited:
You’re suggesting that than event in Europe consider US audiences when scheduling the event. Why should they consider US audiences but not China and Japan?

I think competitions should be scheduled with the athletes and local audience in mind. MAG vault at stupid o’clock just to get it in US prime time would be self defeating and scary.
I can’t imagine all that dead time in the middle of the competition is being done with the athletes in mind. And as a spectator, is it enjoyable to have the competition so drawn out?

At this point it is 2022 so it doesn’t really matter what time events are held, however, not having the ability to watch a replay is down right ridiculous and makes zero sense.

FIG also needs to make it a point that their own feed can be watched by anyone and not geo-blocked.

The earlier in the day the less tolerance I have for excessive perkiness.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back