2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah dangit. I’ll get to see bb but i got stuff to do and will miss fx. Those here, make descriptive comments, please!

I think competitions should be scheduled with the athletes and local audience in mind. MAG vault at stupid o’clock just to get it in US prime time would be self defeating and scary.
It is frustrating for those in other time zones but you are of course entirely correct.

As for me I just wish my professional life cooperated and allowed me to watch worlds this year, which is did not.

Last edited:
Is Flavia still in for fx?
as of now

I mean, they could have at least made it so event finals are live in the afternoon in the U.S, like team finals and the all-around. The problem with the team and all-around is that they’re on weekdays. I wish worlds were in the summer like the Olympics.

Last edited:
Oh, my complaint personally wasn’t because of the time (very convenient generally, just not today because of previous plans and lack of rerun/replay) but more about the time between events. I want them to keep the warm ups but get faster with the judging and maybe save the medal ceremony til the end. Or do the trade-off like ncaa where one event goes while the score is being calculated and the apparatus is prepped for the next gymnast on the other event.

They did this at I want to say Euros one year. They had MAG FX, then WAG VT and MAG PH going at the same time before SR. Everything was over in around an hour.

Last edited:
I mean, they could have at least made it so event finals are live in the afternoon in the U.S, like team finals and the all-around.
That would make it a really late finish. As we discussed for qualifications, doing elite gymnastics at 2230 is no good for the athletes and this would also hurt the arena audience. Families cannot attend competitions that finish so late on a school night and public transport here is not great on Sundays, especially at night. Sparse arenas don’t help grow the sport either.

12pm Eastern is 5pm in the UK, 6pm in Central Europe and around 2am in parts of Asia, though.
Agree replay should be available. Ridiculous that it’s not, given the time zone in most places ensures a lot of people will be at work.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back