2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Leanne can make anything looks nice. She looks nice when she falls. She even makes horrendously stupid GAGE routine construction look nice.

I think the wording is fine:

“Hop with 1/1 turn (360°), free leg extended above horizontal throughout”

Key word: throughout

Even with the leg held up throughout it’s a boring move if there’s no extension.

I do hope that USAG will send a team to the University Games next summer. They could easily win gold.
Just having Chiles, Carey and Wong would be enough, but maybe others could compete as well.
I think it is 3-3-2 though since that was the team make up in 2019.

Is the issue not that it falls outside of USAG jurisdiction? I don’t know who the member for the US is for the university sports association but it wouldn’t be USAG? Has the issue not always been that to send a team there would need to be some sort of selection process within the NCAA.

In both Russia and GB the university games teams are selected independently of the gymnastics federations

Last edited:
Is the issue not that it falls outside of USAG jurisdiction? I don’t know who the member for the US is for the university sports association but it wouldn’t be USAG? Has the issue not always been that to send a team there would need to be some sort of selection process within the NCAA.
No.
USAG is responsible for selecting teams.

They would need to hold a trials.

NCAA has nothing to do with the process.

Only criteria is that you must be enrolled in a university and hold a valid FIG license.

Shannon Miller was on team USA in 1997 and she was not an NCAA athlete, having turned professional years before. However, she was a student at Oklahoma and represented OU at the University Games. She also won the AA and led team USA to silver.

Last time the US sent a team was in 1999.
Once Marta took over they stopped sending athletes because the gymnasts were NCAA athletes and weren’t also doing elite.

However, based on the current leadership at USAG, I could definitely see them sending a team next year, especially since three NCAA athletes were just at Worlds. It would be an opportunity for say Suni Lee to get some international experience. Any of them could win multiple medals.

Last edited:
Yep, you guys were always just a few seats away. It was great hanging out with you all!
I didn’t realise this was your current online name!

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Great hanging out with you as well 🙂 Hopefully see you in Antwerp.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back