2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Euros I believe are available to everyone, as well as streamed on the BBC in the UK. So it must be possible.

I think that having an event end at 10pm as suggested on a Sunday night would be a nightmare, Lots of spectators and event participants would have hours of onwards travel. Many have work or school on Monday. In the UK many are encouraged to travel to events like this on public transport - tricky to get busses and trains around midnight on Sunday. Also I would expect that the stadium has to be broken down tonight.

I mean it is early for some parts of the US although 8.30 Eastern time is not stupid - and I speak as someone who tries to keep up with US gymnastics where competitions often start at 4am my time

Sports events end at 10pm all the time in North America, most of which parents take their kids to.

Last edited:
I definitely think the athletes schedules and local spectators should be respected. REPLAYS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TOO!!!

I want to reiterate that my concern has nothing to do with when an event takes place US time, but the fact that event finals shouldn’t take 4+ hours, with a significant portion of that where absolutely nothing is happening. It should not take 2 hours to get from the first routine of beam to the first routine of floor.

REPLAYS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TOO!!!
Don’t understand why they are not…especially when originally Peacock said replays would be available. it is a big middle finger to people who subscribed thinking they would have that option.

That is why I miss Olympic Channel, I could DVR it. With Peacock you can’t.

I want to reiterate that my concern has nothing to do with when an event takes place US time, but the fact that event finals shouldn’t take 4+ hours, with a significant portion of that where absolutely nothing is happening. It should not take 2 hours to get from the first routine of beam to the first routine of floor.
Yeah - I don’t disagree yesterday seemed to take forever. I agree that alternating MAG and WAG could cut down the scoring delays

What the heck happened with the announcer, I would be asking to redo my vault.

I believe there is a half hour audience break. Possibly part of the contract with the arena. They did the same at CWGs. It goes 3 events, medal ceremony, break, 3 events, medal ceremony

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back