2020 Event Finals Day 2 MAG SR/VT WAG FX (Monday, August 2, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

She’s a scrapper. And with a balance of acro/dance difficulty, as a grown ass adult, no less!

I’m really hoping for a medal for Jade too. Could a Gadirova tidy up and win gold?

@Denn what did you think of Zapata and Dogolpyat getting the same E score on FX? It looked to me as if Zapata should have been higher, but I’m no expert.

As of 26 minutes ago…

“No word yet from USA gym or Simone Biles on her status for tomorrow.” - Will Graves twitter. (Looking at two different devices or I’d copy the link)

I feel like Zapata gives a lot of room for deductions. BUT I definitely want to look back at that once video is available.

If anyone finds video, I’m happy to do score breakdowns and start discussion that way.

They are both already quite tidy – they had very high E-scores, vs., say any of the Americans or some others as well. I’d say it’s going to be a tough fight for gold that neither of them will quite get near, but you never know! Amy Tinkler was an Olympic bronze medalist and I don’t think most people expected that!

Yes, but I want to be able to put the video here in the thread.

I think it’s near impossible to get anything olympics up on YouTube at the moment. They are really clamping down

I haven’t seen footage from andrade doing the front full into the 1 1/2 so I’d say that’s unlikely? I’d love to be wrong tho.

I’d like carey to medal but yes, i too don’t think very highly of her fx. But somehow i like her and don’t want her to be the only us girl to not medal.

Listunova and andrade are probably my favourites when it comes to total package

That’s a bummer because there was training video of him doing it well

Edit to add- You Hao’s name about sums up my reaction every time I see him do rings. Impressive.

Last edited:
Liu seems to be exceptionally smooth on the transitions between skills to me? I actually enjoyed watching that

Which sounds dreadful, I just usually really don’t much care about rings, I’m sorry.

Last edited:
I don’t know when I started really enjoying watching rings, but it was recent-ish. Both Chinese super good.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back