2020 Event Finals Day 1 MAG FX/PH WAG VT/UB (Sunday, August 1, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I mean, the most I can hope to offer on pommel is so-and-so did/didn’t fall off, but I imagine (hope) there will be a few of us on.

I can also offer criticism of Max Whitlock’s crappy extension, and it’ll probably be word for word the same as when I last posted about it so hopefully the familiarity will make it easier to digest at stupid o’clock.

We can additionally speculate about whether Louis will feel the need to involve himself.

So, it’s close to 30 years since I started following gymnastics and today I’m up early and poised to watch our first ever Olympic final featuring an Irish gymnast. Not only featuring an Irish gymnast but one who actually has a real shot at medalling. Excited much? To be honest, I wondered would I ever see it and now just to be here waiting for the final is almost enough excitement for me. Im sending big hugs to Reese and Luke, to all at Gymnastics Ireland, to all the Irish gym fans out there who feel the same as I do, to all my old Gymworld friends who know what it means to us Irish Gymfans and to everyone rooting for an amazing result. Any colour medal would have me in tears of joy but I’ll settle for a clean performance and a happy and proud gymnast and coach, knowing they did their absolute best in an Olympic final. Go N’eiri an tadh libh Reese agus Luke !!!

I am rooting for a Rhys gold :crossed_fingers:For him, for his gymnastics and for my Irish gym fan friends.

Wish we were there in the stands Doc just like we did in London for Kieran.

Nagornyy does the triple back pike–big steps back and oob

Last edited:
triple pike from Nikita! horrible landing though… not his night

Nikita looked a bit distracted. Smiling to himself before he started. Great triple pike though shame about the landing.

Reactions: L_R
Big step back on the front double pike, but everything else was huge and clean for Zapata

Molduer USA lots of twisting. clean . little mistakes on his non acro skills. triple to end. nothing spectacular. shame about the little errors

That was my first thought too! I haven’t followed men’s gymnastics enough to know his situation though. Great routine!

Reactions: L_R

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back