Worlds Qualifier: 2022 European Championships — Munich, Germany August 11- 21

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Continuing to moving the feet and/or body, but not actively moving across the floor was exactly what got Sacramone into trouble at 2006 Worlds, although hers was intentionally choreographed and the ‘pause’ more pronounced compared to Jessica. I have never felt that the rule was intended to punish this sort of thing.

Similar to ArnoldRimmer, I would have given credit because there is continuous movement and it is clear she is making a preparatory movement for the second dance element.

Last edited:
I would credit too. I was just scared it was close. 0.5 is a lot!

I was out most of today, came home to catch up. Looking at my twitter feed, I won’t bother with watching vault. I hope that Asia and Valentina are doing OK. What a horrible end to Euros.

D’Amato apparently has a micro fracture in her ankle, which might be better news in the long run than a sprain (:crossed_fingers:). The only update I’ve heard on Georgieva is that its a cruciate ligament injury (per the Bulgarian federation’s FB). Its hard to not think ACL at this point. Such a bummer, she looked so great in prelims and i was excited for her today.

what was up with barbosu crying after fx? must be bb I’d think. I wonder if the Rom girls will stick to the fhs-front tuck, Puflea had the same disaster at Eyof.

Also, I don’t get schaefers bb d-score, was she missing something?

And I loved malewski but dear god girl, full twist off? I’d almost rather you did a LO if that’s what we’re doing

Vt today brought back some really scary personal memories of me permanently destroying my knee/leg in a freak accident.

Yes but that’s surely not 7 tenths? Unless she had no other leap series in which case :man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3:

She usually does switch switch split for the DCB+2. I think she only got the mount. And I need to rewatch the video but I don’t think she did another dance series.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly her free walkover-jump combo was slower than normal - it is possible they didn’t credit the connection?

She messed up her mount-leap-leap combo in EF so I guess it dropped her D score
I have

Switch Mount
LOSO
Switch Ring
Schaeffer (this was close to not making the half)
Front Aerial
Split Jump - Stag Ring
Full Turn
Aerial Cartwheel
Gainer Lay

DEB|CEDDC all CR no CV no DMT bonus
= 5.0

Ok her D was 5.1. So I’m stumped.

Last edited:
D’Amato injury update sort of.
The Gymternet Twitter account translated a post. Anyone speak Italian?

It sounds like she has a slight fracture, but will undergo additional testing (based on the bone specified probably an MRI for any ligament damage).

Edit to add link to post:

Last edited:
It is not my first language but from what I gather, she has fractured her tibia and is now back in Brescia having further tests. Then they’ll know the likely recovery time

I don’t even know how she did it. The landing didn’t look bad at all. Was it one of those “existing stress fracture turns into an actual fracture” type breaks?

Any update on the girl who hurt her knee?

I’ve heard the other injury is an ACL but they’re waiting to confirm at home to confirm and have surgery. Let me see if I can add a link from the Bulgarian federation. Can anyone confirm that is what is said?

Edit to add screenshot in case link doesn’t work.

Last edited:
So she might be out of Worlds.
One of the Poland gymnasts would get to compete then.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back