Worlds Qualifier: 2022 European Championships — Munich, Germany August 11- 21

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Hmm… You have to wonder if Euros was too soon after her injury at the Mediterranean Games. Even if that was nothing to do with the ACL, if something’s not right it’ll put more strain on everything else. It’s the same knee again isn’t it?

Aw $^&@. That’s awful.

Small note on the translation: goodbye in French is literally “until we meet again”. So the last line is a bit more hopeful than the autotranslation suggests, it’s more a suggestion that she intends to return. Literally, “this is a just a 'til we meet again”.

I’m sure she said shortly after that she was fine. This is very sad, though. I hope she can be back at full strength to try to contend for the Paris team, at the very least.

Was it that bars dismount?

She was back walking when she got her medal!

Just goes to show that an ACL, on its own, can present really mildly. As I said before, one of my friends was walking around on his for weeks before he got his diagnosis. These ligaments in the knee are terrifying.

I was teaching an adult trampoline class and had a student land slightly awkwardly, but nothing serious. She iced, then walked out. Few days later I get a call saying she tore her previously repaired ACL!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back