Worlds Qualifier: 2022 European Championships — Munich, Germany August 11- 21

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

“Cross connection” combined with the mention on twitter of it being a cruciate injury seems to point to it being a torn ACL.

Yes. I wouldn’t be surprised if it involved a tear of other ligaments too. I recently met a guy who said he tore an ACL on one knee, and an ACL + partial meniscus on the other knee, and the latter was infinitely more painful.

Those scenes brought back terrible memories. I had a very stupid freak accident (walking in my kitchen) and managed to completely rupture my ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL as well as a meniscus tear, a tibial plateau fracture, chondral fractures (to the joint surface within the knee joint) and nerve damage.

Those scenes brought back terrible memories. I had a very stupid freak accident (walking in my kitchen) and managed to completely rupture my ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL as well as a meniscus tear, a tibial plateau fracture, chondral fractures (to the joint surface within the knee joint) and nerve damage.
Be honest. You were dancing around the kitchen island, weren’t you?

Jesus, your knee EXPLODED! Did it dislocate, too?

I wish I was doing something exciting like doing a buttahara off the kitchen table but the sad fact is that I failed to notice ice on the heel of my shoe and my knee folded up backwards and dislocated as I slid forward …

I no longer own that particular knee and have rods in my tibia/femur

What a horrible thing to have happened! I can’t even imagine how badly that hurt.

I’m glad they put the screens up around her on the mat. I’m not sure how effective they are, but at least it’s better than being fully exposed to that whole crowd. I wouldn’t want 10,000 eyes ogling at me in pain.

Holy shit! I bet she couldn’t feel her foot for the rest of that routine. Amazing she was able to keep going.

Last edited:
This thread has become rather painful in the past 12 hours.

Sorry about your knee @Puffin! That sounds absolutely dreadful!!

Well there’s another update. Looks like D’Amato suffered ligament damage to her ankle and needs surgery. She’s out for worlds. Anyone want to want to confirm Google’s translation.

Edit to add: her Instagram says she’s having surgery Friday.

Last edited:
Oh no! Looks like she’s out for Worlds. Huge blow to Italy for taking the team title.

Expected news but still terribly sad. After her DTY in EF I thought “the world is her oyster right now” and then it all came crashing down. I was hoping for a close USA-GBR-ITA battle at worlds (no idea where China are right now) and Doug1233 is right that this is a massive blow. Who was Italy’s reserve for Euros?

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back