US Olympic Team Trials - June 24-27, 2021

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

If Yul can stay in second, he’ll get an automatic berth. He has .85 over Wiskus, with Yul going to HB and Shane to pommel.

Who would hold up better against rest of world, Diab on rings or Yoder on pommel?

I know sam fell on pommel but he still finished 4th, top 3 on 2 events and it isn’t like you can bring Bower in, his pommel is good but HB is bad. but i guess there might be someone down in 10th place who has the two events that need to be filled but eh, I’d just take the top 4 and be done with it in this case.

Sam is lucky he is still good on high bar and the rest of the USA is so weak. Only he and Brody had even one 14+ score across all 4mdays of championships and trials.

Bower finished 7th so it is not him.

Top 4 makes sense and not sure who +1 is.

I mean, and let’s be honest here, a team medal for Team USA is pretty unlikely. So prioritizing a good placement is fine but we’ve been 4th or 5th the last few olympics and this isn’t the year it is likely to turn around.

Hmm…how was the judging here compared to world stage? Seems like a 14.9 on rings has a much better medal chance than a 15.05 on pommel.

But it’s also not like there is anything else to prioritize. Not like we are leaving a bunch of individual medal potential at home.

true dat.

Now, the one thing I want to change is that I think the alternates need to get some of the swag. Not all the watches or whatnot, but the outfits. At least these guys got the warmup suits. I read an article about the alternates to rio and how they basically get nothing and get sent home as soon as the competition starts. The different federations need to make sure that they get some of the goodies that the team members get.

(also, they almost had to pick Sam because Brody is an interview nuclear disaster waiting to happen. His social media is offensive to a good half the country and he seems very unemotional/stoic and 'muricans want their Olympians to be peppy and fun)

Last edited:
They’re going to show off the entire delegation including rhythmic and trampoline tomorrow night. Get ready for mega-spectacle.

The alternates will get all of the swag USAG has to give. It’s the USOC stuff they can’t get. USAG has given all the alternates the Olympic leotard kit in the past. IIRC in 2016 there was also a goodie bag with a phone and some other stuff in it everyone got because USAG put it together.

Petronias from Greece just booked his ticket to Tokyo with a 15.5 in Doha so…

I’m happy for the guys that made it - especially Yul! ❤️🙌🤩🙌❤️ I’m sad for the guys that didn’t even make alternate - especially Donnell and Stephen - His glasses, personality, and gymnastics, like Morgan’s so many years ago, stole my heart. 🥺💔💔💔

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back