US Classic Session 2 thread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

This feels like lasts year's classic where scoring was bonkers but then settled down for nationals and world trials.

Love Jade the person, but she finished 5th on floor. Other than vault, does she really fill a role on the team?

Jordan made a strong case for herself on bars. But I just don’t think you can take that floor routine to the Olympics
You sit her out for it. Simone, Shi, and Jade are fine and let Lee (if she is on your team) dance around for the 4th in TQ.

I need to see Suni put something together that resembles a bar routine before I put her on my team.

I have Simone, Shilese, Jade, Skye (I don’t agree with this choice, but like others have said it feels inevitable), and Jordan.

There are many gymnasts who can upend this team though, Skye and Jordan especially are tenuous at best.

There were lots of errors in Lee's beam exercise, though. I had her at 7.9.

The dismount is a guaranteed 0.3 deduction. The switch ring was a big error, too. Lots of little stuff.
I had 8.1 . but I gave the leg up after the switch ring a 3. I thought it’s only a 5 if you bend at the waist

Well since she's making the YDP her primary vault and doing it without Laurent there, she has the room for giant errors like that again.
edited because I think I misunderstood the point.

Last edited:
Top-scoring team: appears to be Biles, Jones, Carey, Lee, Chiles

VT: Biles, Jones, Carey
UB: Jones, Biles, Chiles or Thomas
BB: Biles, Jones, Lee (skipped McClain due to injury)
FX: Biles, Jones, Carey

So you pick Chiles or Thomas, and it's gotta be Chiles obviously, for back-up on other apparatus.

Lincoln and Sumanasekera beat Carey on floor, but Jade's vault compensates for that and none of them have bars anywhere near Chiles/Thomas or beams anywhere near Lee's.
I agree with your team except I have skye instead of jordan

Damn the difference between Shilese and Chiles is almost double the difference between her and Simone

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back