US Classic Session 2 thread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Ok so I did a slow mo on Gabby's Switch Half on beam. That free leg is not even close to 45* on the switch.

Looking at the CoP, it looks like a "small fault" but no effect on D score. Is that right? I always thought not hitting at least 45 downgraded a Switch to a Split. Did they change it?

General Note for Anyone Wondering Why a Score May Seem Low when Something Looks Clean on Slow-Mo / Freeze Frame:

Based on recent examples in STS, gymnasts need to be showing full positions in real time to avoid body shape deductions.

Example:

Real Time - Split jump appears to be just short of 180 degree split
Slow Motion /Freeze Frame - Split jump attains 180 degree split
Judging Result -> 0.1 deduction for body shape

The 45 degree leg swing requirement for receiving credit on switch-type elements was eliminated beginning with the 2017 - 2021 COP.

Much more green under the arena lights

Suni Leo.png

I wonder if Suni's bars will come down to how she does going into the last rotation. If she does them and doesn't make the AA cut she can't petition to AA at Nationals. If she doesn't do bars she can petition to do them at Nationals citing injury (kidneys) I think.

The 45 degree leg swing requirement for receiving credit on switch-type elements was eliminated beginning with the 2017 - 2021 COP.
Thanks!

jesus i’ve been around for too many codes!

I guess it would “add” a small to a lack of split “small” right? and the judge can consider that a 3?

I wonder if Suni's bars will come down to how she does going into the last rotation. If she does them and doesn't make the AA cut she can't petition to AA at Nationals. If she doesn't do bars she can petition to do them at Nationals citing injury (kidneys) I think.
kinda weird argument to make - my kidneys stopped me doing bars but were totally fine for floor

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back