Simone’s Gold Over America Tour

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 5.26.48 PM

The news media made sure to say that it weighed 88lbs with all the crystals and she had 6 guys to help carry it. Which makes sense, Simone herself can’t weigh much more than that, if she even does!

It wasn’t the stupidest outfit I saw (Iman had the most amazing of all the pictures I’ve seen) but I have trouble seeing how it was “empowering” when she had to have six helpers move it. Seems like the exact opposite of empowering unless having the power to have 6 lackeys at your beck and call was what she meant…

Simone’s hair, face, and earrings look INCREDIBLE. I think the dress is too heavy and clunky for someone with such a tiny frame. The bodice looks super janky,

Thank you for sharing this. I did not know that.

Im really very curious about what the tour is like. My DD and I have seen clips and she was like “um that’s interesting”- which was kind of my reaction as well. I took Dd to the last tour after 2016 so she was around 9 at the time and she HATED it. She had begged to go and was VERY unhappy to discover that the tour was mostly dancing around and little to no actual gymnastics. lol. this one looks to be more actual gymnastics but very $$$$$! Like most of the tours I assume that it is geared mostly to little girls. I saw a clip of a ton of little girls all dressed up in gold Leos dancing around on stage so I am sure that is a big draw for them.

Reactions: L_R
forgot to say that I really didn’t like her met outfit. I understand that it is supposed to be like a stupid costume type thing, but it just looked uncomfortable and a lot like a suit of armor. and the body suit under it wasn’t very pretty either. she is really a very pretty woman so I just felt they could have done a lot better and done her justice.

Yeah I see no attraction is seeing them throw double layouts off a tumble track onto a soft landing with flashing lights and loud music. I’d rather watch a video of them actually competing than that live. I don’t like the showbiz side of it. The superstars show in London looked equally awful. Gymnastics is beautiful when done properly. But I know a lot of people do love that sort of show. And I probably would have liked it as a kid. I loved the soviet shows at Wembly. Now I would rather spend my money seeing them compete.

I remember them televising a skating and gymnastics spectacular (don’t remember much about it other than Nastia was in it I think) and it was tons of posing with the balance beam and light tricks. Which i get because there is no point in getting injured doing something big. But at least when figure skaters do a gala performance, it is fast and there are moves they can do without doing jumps (or doing very easy jumps) – gymnastics… there really isn’t that much they can do if they take out the tumbling. I’ve never been very interested in going to one of the tours.

I have tickets to go with friends, purchased in the spring of hope, but haven’t made the final call yet

Hmmm. This is disingenuous, IMO.

1uhbvgx48ro71

We had her at a 15.025 in Podium Training.

I know her prelims routine didn’t beat Jade’s gold score. But that prelims routine was literally the worst “hit” floor routine of her life.

Last edited:
Eh, she’s got a lot on. It was quicker than writing ‘while my scoring potential is several tenths higher than Jade’s if I hit, we all know full well I’ve been overpowering my tumbles regularly for years now so it wouldn’t have been a great shock if I neutral deductioned my way out of 1st place.’ And it’s never going to do any harm to be seen as gracious to a teammate and friend. Especially one who, by coincidence, is appearing on your tour.

I know, but “she would have kicked my ass hahahahahaha” is just disingenious, IMO.

If I was Jade, I would kinda read that and be like … okk…?

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back