Gold Over America Tour 2024

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Poor Whittenburg. I think he would have had a strong chance at 2025 Worlds.

I just briefly clicked around a bit through that video but landed on the part where they introduce the Olympic teams. I didn’t realize Asher Hong and Suni Lee both skipped the tour?

I haven't even made it through the introductions. It's so try-hard yet so cringe. not sure it's much, if any, better than the old cheesy USAG tours.

Imagine if instead of this, the tour was like a traveling Reese's Cup-type competition. Have everyone pair up in teams and compete watered down themed routines with costumes, but instead of judges put something in the seats (or they could use their phones) to let the audience score/rank them and decide the winners. At the end do some big group number culminating in awarding the winners with some goofy goat trophy. Then just do it all again and keep re-awarding the trophy to whoever wins at the next stop.

Oh god. It’s terrible. Even worse than the 2 hours I spent in the Viner arena watching the Averinas interpret Swan Lake
I could only watch 30 seconds of it here and there. Truly just awful. But I think kids like it and that's the audience they are gearing it towards.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back