And the pdf signed by the WTC Pres:

https://www.gymnastics.sport/asset.php?id=fidb_10735

WAG qualifications:

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 18.30.13

MAG: qualifications:

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 18.29.49

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I tried posting this in the spoiler free thread but couldn’t, so asking here instead. Do we know how the session times are going to work? I ask because the Tokyo website lists three sessions for both MAG and WAG prelims.

Artistic Gymnastics Competition Schedule (olympics.com)

But the draw says there are five subs for the women. I’m not sure then if there will be 5 sessions, or 3 sessions in which some have more than one sub. Or if we just don’t know yet. Can anyone shed any light?

Yeah I see what you mean. Maybe sub 4 and 5 are Monday since men’s team final doesn’t start until 7pm?

Date and Time: Sat 24 July 10:00 - 12:30​

Venues: Ariake Gymnastics Centre​

• Men’s Qualification

Date and Time: Sat 24 July 14:30 - 17:00​

• Men’s Qualification

Date and Time: Sat 24 July 19:30 - 22:00​

• Men’s Qualification

Date and Time: Sun 25 July 10:00 - 13:35​

• Women’s Qualification

Date and Time: Sun 25 July 15:10 - 18:45​

• Women’s Qualification

Date and Time: Sun 25 July 20:20 - 22:00​

• Women’s Qualification

Date and Time: Mon 26 July 19:00 - 22:10​

• Men’s Team Final
  • Men’s Team Victory Ceremony

Ugh that draw for team USA is going to severely test desire to watch and discuss live. All USA mens and women’s qualifying, plus men’s and women’s team and AA finals are 3 to 4am on west coast.

GB is at stupid O’Clock GMT too. I guess it’s not that important, since most of the time, quals isn’t shown anyway. And we can’t complain as all the finals are at reasonable times for us.

As per the revised schedule

Day 2 - Sunday 25 July

Session GAR04 Start: 10:00 End 13:35 Ariake Gymnastics Schedule
Time Total Event name:
10:00 - 11:40 1:40 WAG QC - SD 1
11:55 - 13:35 1:40 WAG QC - SD 2

Session GAR05 Start: 15:10 End 18:45 Ariake Gymnastics Schedule
Time Total Event name:
15:10 - 16:50 1:40 WAG QC - SD 3
17:05 - 18:45 1:40 WAG QC - SD 4

Session GAR06 Start: 20:20 End 22:00 Ariake Gymnastics Schedule
Time Total Event name:
20:20 - 22:20 1:40 WAG QC - SD 5

So, the confusion is in the sessions v. sub-divisions. The first two session tickets each feature two sub-divisions while the final session has only a single sub-division.

Last edited:
Wow. I’m a PST girl and that’s too early for live following. I wonder if that delay will change the NBC schedule–they typically hold gymnastics coverage until 9:30 PM ish.

I took the days off so I can be up at 2 or 4 am for these and sleep during the day. My sleep cycle is going to be completely wrecked and I will probably regret this.

I put this in another thread but it probably is best here

Jade is in a tough position… the US starts on FX so if she tries the triple double and hurts her ankle, she’s screwed for the next event of vault

If Skinner is vaulting better than her, might be a consolation prize to get the Carey named after her.
She won’t be going to team finals and might even get 2 per’d by Lee or Chiles or even McCallum.

The benefit to the time zone chaos is Europe and America don’t have very long waits to find out who qualified! (I think the last WAG sub ends at 2pm British time- around 9am ET?). So we’ll have the whole afternoon and evening to complain about it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back