Gold Over America Tour 2024

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

MaryClare

Defender
Reaction score
Thought I’d start a thread since it’s likely to be the next big talking point.

Ellie Black has been added to the line up, as well as some US MAG. Stephen Nedoroscik has been removed, with speculation that he’s going to be on DWTS

Attachments

• GOAT-tour.jpg
    GOAT-tour.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 369
I googled it and adding direct link.
Hezly Rivera also on the tour, which surpised me as she's so young.
Wish they added Ana Barbosu (if they do, I may go).

Would be awkward with Ana Barbosu on Simone’s tour I would think?
Maybe. I know it's unrealistic anyway, I am just dreaming.
Ana was so graceful about the whole unfortunate situation, she deserves admiration and respect.
I know it's very painful for Jordan, but I wish she reached to Ana, and Simone too, whether offering her to go to the tour or not.

Aw, Peng Peng Lee will be on the tour. I hope they can get Rebeca and/or Flavia for a couple of shows. They have a stop in Baltimore a few days before my birthday, but I don't think I want to drive a three-hour round trip and deal with either the Beltway or Baltimore National Pike to be around children who think screaming at the top of their lungs is cheering for two hours.

I also want to know how the show is organized. I said before during the previous tour that it would be cool if they went kind of Cirque Du Soleil about it and showcased all aspects of gymnastics: artistic, rhythmic, acro, and trampoline.

Interesting, no stop in DC this year. Baltimore is a smaller venue.

Aw, Peng Peng Lee will be on the tour. I hope they can get Rebeca and/or Flavia for a couple of shows. They have a stop in Baltimore a few days before my birthday, but I don't think I want to drive a three-hour round trip and deal with either the Beltway or Baltimore National Pike to be around children who think screaming at the top of their lungs is cheering for two hours.

I also want to know how the show is organized. I said before during the previous tour that it would be cool if they went kind of Cirque Du Soleil about it and showcased all aspects of gymnastics: artistic, rhythmic, acro, and trampoline.
The tour has to make money. Other gymnastics disciplines just don’t have that profile, even MAG barely does. People aren’t going for the performance, they are going for the personalities. I really hope they give Hezly a sort of “she persuaded her parents to let her go on tour” role.

It is a flex and a half to leave one of your eponymous skills - the hardest vault of its family ever done - off your merch that’s being sold at the celebratory tour you headline and manage.
Yes, but the description is so long the print would have to be tiny! Although “Cheng, with an extra half” would be cool

I know "double Cheng" isn't technically correct but it's really simple. There needs to be a universally adopted name for the half on entry

what do you mean by that?
I meant that usually in these things, the athletes almost play an exaggerated version of themselves. The idea that Hezly is a kid, who should be in school, but has persuaded her parents to let her go on tour with a group of influencers in their 20s is a pretty cool story.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back