Gold Over America Tour 2024

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I meant that usually in these things, the athletes almost play an exaggerated version of themselves. The idea that Hezly is a kid, who should be in school, but has persuaded her parents to let her go on tour with a group of influencers in their 20s is a pretty cool story.
I guess. I am just glad she is going. It will be a great experience for her and she will learn a lot. I am also delighted Ellie Black is going.

One of the few times I wish I lived near some kind of big city! My closest stop is still way too far away for me to attempt on a school night but there are so many gymnasts I'd love to see.

I saw the last tour at the Brooklyn stop, and it was fun! Shilese Jones held a handstand on the high bar for like ten minutes, Grace McCallum did a triple wolf turn on floor maybe ten times, and Simone Biles walked around emotionally while voiceover played about girl power etc. It was not gymnastics but it was still a scene. Everyone in attendance was either a child, their parent(s), or a very adult gay male drinking lots of overpriced cocktails.

Can someone explain what happens on a gymnastics tour? In a sport with athletes competing against each other, what is there to see when there is no competition (and athletes wouldn't be doing full difficulty?)

I get galas in ice-skating, because of the artistic part of the sport, but gymnastics doesn't have that. Or do they use music and dance to it while doing routines? Is just so that people can say "I saw Simone/XYZ live"?

Last edited:
There are themed moments and some choreographed dances, lots of prancing around while music plays. For this tour there was no announcer explaining what was happening, so if you tuned out the "inspirational" music, it was just a PowerPoint and basically like watching a workout where no one does any full routines.

They sold tickets to a televised one at the end of the tour and I did watch that - I knew from that point that it was mostly girl-power-mental-health-also-some-gymnastics. For me I guess it's mostly being able to see some of these gymnasts live, even if they aren't going to be performing like they would in a competition. I'd like to see Simone at least once during her career!

Never been to GOAT tour, just the old USAG one. It was largely super cheesey. I went in 2012 because of a free ticket. Definitely aimed at kids. Lots of pop music.

They sold tickets to a televised one at the end of the tour and I did watch that - I knew from that point that it was mostly girl-power-mental-health-also-some-gymnastics. For me I guess it's mostly being able to see some of these gymnasts live, even if they aren't going to be performing like they would in a competition. I'd like to see Simone at least once during her career!
I tuned into that one, as well. Chellsie, Shilese, and Ellie being on the tour was enough on its own for me to want to see some of it.

For me I guess it's mostly being able to see some of these gymnasts live, even if they aren't going to be performing like they would in a competition. I'd like to see Simone at least once during her career!
Honestly, that's why I decided that Trials was going to be my vacation for the year. Since there is no guarantee she is coming back in 28 (or any of the years between now and then), I wanted to see the Biles 2 vault in person. And even though I was about as far away from the vault landing area as was possible in the venue, it was still amazing.

She’s even more amazing in person for sure.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back