Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (5/29/24 Withdrawn from Nationals)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Someone on the gymnastics subreddit said she was at Metroplex, but said yesterday they heard she hasn't been at Metroplex for the last two days and was seen in the WOGA building yesterday morning.

Over It Detox GIF by Alex Anderson

It doesn't help there are people either playing gym detective or pretending to have insider info. Jessica really has not presented herself as a trustworthy source, IMHO.

People are going to play detective when there's an information vacuum. I don't know who went to Scott Bergman with the story Gabby left WOGA (Gabby? WOGA? Some other party?), but Gabby posting some vague Instagram several days later was only going to further the "omg, where is she?!" speculation.

As far as gymnastics is concerned, Gabby is a public figure, of course people watch and overanalyze every move. And when she makes a move like this and there's no further information, it only throws gasoline on the fire.

This is WILD. I always thought the gym hopping with Gabby was pretty overblown; the move to Chow in 2011 was totally necessary and justified.

This is some next level stuff though. I’m half expecting her at this point to show up at trials getting coached by Kim Kelly.
YES MORE FUEL FOR THE BOOK

The amount of drama that follows her wherever she goes....
She can take comfort in knowing she is still somebody. If she was a nobody, nobody would care in the slightest what gym she was at.

ETA: If she is trying to gen up hype and interest to net some new sponsorships, that part is working but I think she is going to have to compete somewhere and put down some good routines before anyone would really bite.

This is WILD. I always thought the gym hopping with Gabby was pretty overblown; the move to Chow in 2011 was totally necessary and justified.

This is some next level stuff though. I’m half expecting her at this point to show up at trials getting coached by Kim Kelly.
I don't think anyone really batted an eye at her original switch the Chow. Excalibur had elites before, but never anyone really in the running for worlds or Olympics. A switch wasn't completely out of left field.

It was her later switch from Chow to Buckeye, and then how poorly the whole coaching situation was handled that cemented her reputation as difficult and a gym hopper.

People are going to play detective when there's an information vacuum. I don't know who went to Scott Bergman with the story Gabby left WOGA (Gabby? WOGA? Some other party?), but Gabby posting some vague Instagram several days later was only going to further the "omg, where is she?!" speculation.

As far as gymnastics is concerned, Gabby is a public figure, of course people watch and overanalyze every move. And when she makes a move like this and there's no further information, it only throws gasoline on the fire.
Which makes you wonder — was that picture intended to troll everyone?

As someone in the process of directing a production of Mean Girls, I'm dying over the last few pages of this thread. (And trying to figure out a gymnast equivalent of each of the main roles.)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back