FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by the time of score being posted on a video broadcast is not quite accurate. It takes time for the graphics crew to make the the image. So when the score is posted on podium scoreboard - NOT on the overhead scoreboard - to the time that it is posted on the screen can be a bit more - especially if you factor in an even 0:07 second time delay.

IMG_1539.jpeg

I bet CAS is going to say the case is closed and will not honor the appeal or review the video.
I imagine that's why they also filed the Swiss Tribunal appeal. I asked a couple of lawyer friends, and they said if they procedural slip ups are as described, that's good legal standing to get the Romanian appeal invalidated.

It’s not necessarily cheating if the AS has calculated the routine at 5.9 and there’s only one decision that could have made it 5.8 (the gogean).
Doesn't matter what has been calculated, it's the responsibility of the inquiry panel to watch the entire routine on replay and make a determination about the D-score based on every skill. They aren't there to just cherry-pick one thing.

Has anyone seen any non-broadcast footage of the time period in question?

And do we know where the inquiry had to be submitted relative to the US team's position in the video?

What is the Swiss Tribunal?
Someone posted this earlier:

"The U.S. Olympics & Paralympic Committee will appeal to the Swiss Federal Tribunal. It's about limiting grounds of appeal. It's an appeal.

The grounds include a finding that public policy was violated, that the arbitrators did not sign the CAS ruling, that they were not served with the pleadings and did not have time to prepare a defense, that the arbitrators were incompatible.

The substance of the matter is not being discussed again. It only discusses procedural issues, which, in a certain context, could overturn the arbitral award and re-arbitration.

Statistically, only 0.5% of appeals are admitted at the Swiss Federal Tribunal. The judgment is enforceable"

Probably. They want it to be over and the noise to die down.
USOPC has the money to make it never go away. And the media profile of those involved or adjacent to them is high enough that burying it isn't possible. CAS, FIG and the IOC need to say something like "on closer review of all evidence, mistakes in officiating have harmed all participants and the request for dual bronzes that was previously denied has now been approved. We invite Rebecca Andrade, Simone Biles, Ana Barbosu, and Jordan Chiles to Switzerland on x date for a medal ceremony"

Ha ha ha, sounds you may have the same weekend I did 😅😅😅😅😅

Between those two sources of drama, I’ve been super exhausted this weekend 🤣

Messy family reunion featuring estranged siblings! Among other drama (such as: do my parents even like each other? Did my brother and his wife seriously just get absolutely shit faced in front of everyone, including their seven children?).

Messy family reunion featuring estranged siblings! Among other drama (such as: do my parents even like each other? Did my brother and his wife seriously just get absolutely shit faced in front of everyone, including their seven children?).
I have no knowledge of your personal situation, but I would also get shitfaced if I had 7 children.

I have a question. Regarding the 2004 men’s AA case, I remember fans arguing that even if Yang’s parallel bars routine should have started out of a 10, he could have had an additional tenth deduction for having one too many pauses in handstand position. Is this a fever dream I had? It’s been 20 years.

I have a question. Regarding the 2004 men’s AA case, I remember fans arguing that even if Yang’s parallel bars routine should have started out of a 10, he could have had an additional tenth deduction for having one too many pauses in handstand position. Is this a fever dream I had? It’s been 20 years.
nope, that was the case. People were arguing if you have to go over Hamm's with a fine toothed comb to find additional deductions, you have to do the same for Yang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back