FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they allowed to release evidence before the hearing? If releasing it to create more pressure of public opinion would cost them the chance of having a hearing, it would be a key reason not to
Aren't we all discussing a foot because of an NBC video?

If USAG has strong evidence of their under one minute claim, it would be very easy for them to "leak" it to NBC or a blogger or publish it on their own platforms.

It's a shame the gymnastics competition ended with this. These games have been very successful and well-viewed by US viewers (ratings are way up).
I think people were very excited for a regular Olympics after the pandemic made the last two (2020 and 2022) so strange. From the spectator point of view, it's been getting rave reviews, too.

Aren't we all discussing a foot because of an NBC video?

If USAG has strong evidence of their under one minute claim, it would be very easy for them to "leak" it to NBC or a blogger or publish it on their own platforms.
over on reddit (ahahahaha, I went for the extra drama) the argument being that if the time has to be pieced together from videos and there is no official doing the actual timekeeping then clearly the time is not important to FIG and the rule is only a guideline. If it were important (like the length of a period in basektball), there wouldn't be all this argument and counterargument, it would just be known. Which is an interesting take. Since they do have someone as a timekeeper for the duration of the routine (well, it was a person with a bell at US Trials, I don't know about the Os, maybe it is computer generated there), if the review time was equally important they would have someone keeping the time.

over on reddit (ahahahaha, I went for the extra drama) the argument being that if the time has to be pieced together from videos and there is no official doing the actual timekeeping then clearly the time is not important to FIG and the rule is only a guideline. If it were important (like the length of a period in basektball), there wouldn't be all this argument and counterargument, it would just be known. Which is an interesting take. Since they do have someone as a timekeeper for the duration of the routine (well, it was a person with a bell at US Trials, I don't know about the Os, maybe it is computer generated there), if the review time was equally important they would have someone keeping the time.
Yes. It’s very if a tree fell and no one is there to hear it did it actually make a sound? If no one is actually keeping the time, how can you claim there is a time limit?

I just rejudged the meet. I didn’t add anything up until the end.

My hot take is that I have Alice in bronze, Rebeca in silver and Simone in gold.

I agreed with all the D panels except I gave:

- esposito 5.6 (she got a 5.7 - they must have given one of the Mustafina or the Switch Full, I gave neither)

- rebeca 6.0 (she got a 5.9 - they must have not credited the memmel but instead gave her the switch full - I was the opposite in real time)

I agreed with the downgrade on Sabrina’s switch full. I agreed with them crediting Yushan’s quad turn. I agreed with them downgrading Chiles’ gogean. I agreed with them downgrading Simone’s switch full (although they may have instead credited the switch full and not given the gogean - both were incredibly close).

I have Barbosu and Alice tied for bronze, but with Alice winning the tiebreak (although I cannot see Alice’s OOB so if that was a mistake then she would have won outright).

I gave Sabrina back her OOB. Her e score was, as expected, way too high. My final standings:

1. Simone 14.1
2. Rebeca 14.0
3. Alice 13.8
4. Ana 13.8
5. Chiles 13.6
6. Sabrina 13.4
7. Kishi 13.0
8. Yushan 12.8
9. Esposito 12.0

I just rejudged the meet. I didn’t add anything up until the end.

My hot take is that I have Alice in bronze, Rebeca in silver and Simone in gold.

I agreed with all the D panels except I gave:

- esposito 5.6 (she got a 5.7 - they must have given one of the Mustafina or the Switch Full, I gave neither)

- rebeca 6.0 (she got a 5.9 - they must have not credited the memmel but instead gave her the switch full - I was the opposite in real time)

I agreed with the downgrade on Sabrina’s switch full. I agreed with them crediting Yushan’s quad turn. I agreed with them downgrading Chiles’ gogean. I agreed with them downgrading Simone’s switch full (although they may have instead credited the switch full and not given the gogean - both were incredibly close).

I have Barbosu and Alice tied for bronze, but with Alice winning the tiebreak (although I cannot see Alice’s OOB so if that was a mistake then she would have won outright).

I gave Sabrina back her OOB. Her e score was, as expected, way too high. My final standings:

1. Simone 14.1
2. Rebeca 14.0
3. Alice 13.8
4. Ana 13.8
5. Chiles 13.6
6. Sabrina 13.4
7. Kishi 13.0
8. Yushan 12.8
9. Esposito 12.0
Not enough rounding decimal errors in those numbers, invalidated! All scores must contain at least .333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 of numeric horrors.

Having now judged it myself - Simone absolutely should have put in an inquiry over the downgrade on her switch full. It was much closer than Jordan’s gogean, and the AS was clearly in a generous mood…

The fact they gave Alice 8.1 and Sabrina 7.9 is absolutely insane to me.

I had 8.3 and 7.5.

The quality of the gymnastics was just night and day.

Having now judged it myself - Simone absolutely should have put in an inquiry over the downgrade on her switch full. It was much closer than Jordan’s gogean, and the AS was clearly in a generous mood…
And perhaps Andrade could have joined the inquiry party, too. She might have gone up multiple tenths!

I have a feeling Simone's Gogean wasn't credited in EF, the opposite of AA. Her Gogean was clean in AA and almost impossible to not credit, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back