FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn’t surprise me if CAS holds the 64s to stand, despite video evidence to the contrary
The .1 increase to Jordan's score shouldn't stand even if the petition was actually submitted within 60 seconds:

The panel came back with a decision in less time than is possible per the process. They have to watch the entire routine again, that takes 1 minute 30 seconds - the response was faster than this. Aka, blatant cheating or disregard of the rules.

@MRR I have to go back and rewatch now. I thought both were fine but now I am questioning it!

Zhou had already taken off for her triple twist dismount when the 90 second warning went off. Soares took off just as the 90 second warning went off. However, to not receive an overtime penalty, the dismount has to be landed by the 90 second mark, and not just initiated.

How can CAS rule that it was 64s while a video says it was 47s?

Was someone supposed to “record” the time between the score flashing and the receipt of the Inquiry?

It wouldn’t surprise me if CAS holds the 64s to stand, despite video evidence to the contrary, because of some inane rule about the “recorded” time being deemed final if no one has appealed it.
They would have had evidence of the 64 seconds before making that ruling. They can't make a ruling initially without evidence supporting their decision so it's not like they just plucked it from thin air.

Now because the US has their own video, it doesnt mean theirs is instantly the correct one and the other one was wrong. There will (at least should) be some sort of investigation or trial to determine which video shows the true series of events.

They would have had evidence of the 64 seconds before making that ruling. They can't make a ruling initially without evidence supporting their decision so it's not like they just plucked it from thin air.

Now because the US has their own video, it doesnt mean theirs is instantly the correct one and the other one was wrong. There will (at least should) be some sort of investigation or trial to determine which video shows the true series of events.
The 64 second video is pieced together. It sounds like the US has obtained complete footage

Also, the US is in a completely different time zone. That must be accounted for.

The .1 increase to Jordan's score shouldn't stand even if the petition was actually submitted within 60 seconds:

The panel came back with a decision in less time than is possible per the process. They have to watch the entire routine again, that takes 1 minute 30 seconds - the response was faster than this. Aka, blatant cheating or disregard of the rules.
It’s not necessarily cheating if the AS has calculated the routine at 5.9 and there’s only one decision that could have made it 5.8 (the gogean).

I've been trying to find that helpdesk for about an hour now. It's difficult though, what with the popcorn I'm having enjoying MC's troll display with the oob.
I looked for an hour and if i looked in the right place it wasn’t there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back